#1 berserker

berserker

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

Hi all,

I haven’t been to a doctor’s yet, but just wanted some input from people who know what they’re talking about.

I have been feeling very bloated and gassy every evening for weeks, so I thought I’d try giving up bread for a while and I definitely feel much, much better when I don’t eat it. I have experimented with it and every time I eat bread I feel the same way that evening.

During this period (although I hadn’t linked the two until now) I have been waking up with what I thought were insect bites… always in patches of 4-8, usually around my ankles, neck and shoulders. Last week I cut out wheat completely and felt fine, then I had some bread on Saturday and felt rough that evening. I woke up Sunday with a fresh load of “bites”. It was only then that I realised that I hadn’t been “bitten” for the whole of the week before. I’ve experimented a few times and I definitely get these “bites” the day after I eat bread.

So I did some research and discovered that DH can sometimes look and feel like insect bites, although mine is nowhere near as bad as the pics google came up with for me.

So, do you think I may possibly have a mild case of celiac disease?

Many thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 weluvgators

weluvgators

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

What you describe reminds me of how hives can present for some. People can also have wheat allergy (or other allergens). One can also have celiac and wheat allergy. According to our experiences and the dermatoligists and doctors that we have consulted, celiac and gluten intolerance can present in a wide variety of skin ailments.
My super silly red siren is my guiding light. She has been a tremendous lesson for me in how gluten affects different people in very different ways. She is a super duper silly girl that was simply born that way. I have no idea why I am so blessed to have her guidance.

#3 berserker

berserker

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

Thanks for the reply, I'll get myself checked out at the doc's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: