Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Ugh I Got Very Sick

• Please log in to reply

31 replies to this topic

#31 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

Thanks, G F! I didn't read that thread because I'm not a vegetarian or vegan. But I DO still have a lot of brain fog. I'd be willing to bet I am vitamin deficient though. I can't find vitamins without SOMETHING in them that I can't have. I do know that before all the secondary intolerances hit I was taking a multi, plus lots of B12 and biotin. For a short time there I felt YOUNG!! My head was clearer than it's been since I was about 12, and I had SO much energy. I sure wish I could get back to that.

As it is, I am eating a sweet potato every day for the vitamins, some cheese (and ice cream) for calcium and a little bit of vitamin D, meat (usually chicken, but sometimes bison) for the B12, and eggs on occasion for the biotin. I know it's not enough. My head is getting foggier by the minute. A couple of weeks ago one of my "regulars" came into the shop and I mistook him for a former student whom I hadn't seen in a couple of years. I almost asked him how his wife was doing, but I couldn't remember her name. (It was a good thing!)  It wasn't until the guy had been there half an hour and shared some coffee with me that I finally realized it was Cliff and not Brent. Yeah, they Do look a bit alike, but I should have known! It really scared me.

Dang, I wonder if it's too late to change thread title to "creatine for vegetarians, vegans, and Bartful"?  Then maybe you'd read it eh?  I am not a vegetarian myself.  I was for 5 years pretty much kinda though. But no more.  Anyhow, the stuff helps me feel better and more alert, so that's why I pointed you at the thread.  Maybe you are feeding you brain frogs too much of something that makes them grow or hyperactive though.  Any food can be a problem after all, or even vitamin pills or meds.  So it is not a bad idea to try eliminating some things for a bit.  Sometimes reactions on restarting a food are delayed and build up over time.  So they may net be noticed right away.  So it may help to kind of re-do your elimination diet just in case.  Sometimes brain frogs can adapt to new foods and get hyperactive when they eat them a lot.  Yep, that's the story. :)  Got a link for it somewhere here.  Just wait few centuries and I 'll find it...

@Sblack,

Sorry for the sidetracking and sillyness in your thread.  I think you have figured out that those packaged salads are kind of  crap shot at times.  They should be washed at home before eating I suppose.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 SBlack

SBlack

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Dang, I wonder if it's too late to change thread title to "creatine for vegetarians, vegans, and Bartful"?  Then maybe you'd read it eh?  I am not a vegetarian myself.  I was for 5 years pretty much kinda though. But no more.  Anyhow, the stuff helps me feel better and more alert, so that's why I pointed you at the thread.  Maybe you are feeding you brain frogs too much of something that makes them grow or hyperactive though.  Any food can be a problem after all, or even vitamin pills or meds.  So it is not a bad idea to try eliminating some things for a bit.  Sometimes reactions on restarting a food are delayed and build up over time.  So they may net be noticed right away.  So it may help to kind of re-do your elimination diet just in case.  Sometimes brain frogs can adapt to new foods and get hyperactive when they eat them a lot.  Yep, that's the story. :)  Got a link for it somewhere here.  Just wait few centuries and I 'll find it...

@Sblack,

Sorry for the sidetracking and sillyness in your thread.  I think you have figured out that those packaged salads are kind of  crap shot at times.  They should be washed at home before eating I suppose.

NO problem!!!!  thank you for all your help.  I am NOT even going to bother buying the packaged lettuce OR cabbage.  Been bitten too many times, and man do I get sick.  I did buy some fresh non-packaged lettuce the other day, washed it myself and oh my goodness - best salad EVER!! :)   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: