4 replies to this topic

#1 dcns65

dcns65

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

We'll be celebrating my daughter's 18 birthday in Boston next month.  We are looking for a gluten-free restaurant near the theatre district as after we eat we are heading to see Boston Ballet perform.  

Any suggestions?

Mom to 2 children with Celiac and husband with Celiac
Son-diagnosed Sept. 2011 with numbers off the chart, positive biopsy, hypothyroidism, ADHD, PDD (totally mainstreamed in School)
Daughter-diagnosed Jan. 2012 with no symptoms blood test positive, biopsy negative, hypothyroidism. Chose to go Gluten Free, dancer and straight A high school student
Husband-positive blood test, hypothyroidism and decided to skip the endoscopy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

There are 2 that come to mind.  There is a steak house chain called Flemings that continually gets great reviews.  I have not had the chance to check it out but I know they have an official gluten free menu. It's a higher end chain so don't let the word chain deter you.

Then there is Teatro. It's on Tremont St. and I have eaten there and it is amazing.  Food is great and the atmosphere is special....gorgeous restaurant for special occasions.  I don't think they have a gluten-free menu but they accommodated me just fine.  It's Italian with lots of options like seafood also...not just pasta.  It is not cheap but a special experience if your budget allows.  I am sorry for the pricey options but I don't dine out that much and when I do, it's always the higher end places because I never seem to get glutened in that type of restaurant.  Boston is a very gluten-free friendly town.  Both of these places are listed as theater district dining.

I would check out their websites and call ahead to confirm gluten-free status anyway.  I hope you have a marvelous time!

#3 dcns65

dcns65

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for the suggestions!  Teatro was one of the places we were looking at for dinner.  My daughter will only turn 18 once so I did promise her a nice time!

Son-diagnosed Sept. 2011 with numbers off the chart, positive biopsy, hypothyroidism, ADHD, PDD (totally mainstreamed in School)
Daughter-diagnosed Jan. 2012 with no symptoms blood test positive, biopsy negative, hypothyroidism. Chose to go Gluten Free, dancer and straight A high school student

#4 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for the suggestions!  Teatro was one of the places we were looking at for dinner.  My daughter will only turn 18 once so I did promise her a nice time!

I think an 18th birthday deserves a trip to Teatro.  You may want to contact them in advance just to verify the gluten free accommodation but really, I have never been to an upscale Boston restaurant that didn't offer up gluten-free options and do a good job of it.  The interior of the place is gorgeous.  It's very popular.

#5 dcns65

dcns65

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Bummer, I just tried to reserve a table through Open Table and they have no openings.  I'll give them a call tomorrow.  We aren't going until May 4.

Don't rely on Open table for reservations-A call and we are all set!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: