4 replies to this topic

#1 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

so I am making a trip to Whole Foods later today, and if you have any recommendations for spectacular products they sell, please share!!  i will be taking out a small loan before I go shopping  :P

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 karichelle

karichelle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

Pick up some of the new Glutino toaster pastries...they're really good. Top shelf in the breakfast aisle at our store here. They also have a nice selection of Udi's and some bakery items. Eatpastry gluten-free refrigerated cookie dough.

#3 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

We are getting a Whole Foods next fall... the first on in Mississippi. I can't wait. Y'all keep adding recommendations so I will ready when they open.

#4 Minette

Minette

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

I know this is too late for you, but FWIW...

Whenever I go there, I stock up on cookies from the frozen section. In our store, there are some gluten-free things in the regular freezer section, but there's also a whole separate gluten-free section next to the cake counter. My daughter loves the star-shaped lemon cookies.

I also sometimes splurge on Udi's blueberry muffins, if we happen to be out of the ones I make myself.

#5 Darissa

Darissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

We love whole foods (I don't love the prices!) but there are a few things we buy there a lot. First, if you want to make pies (fruit, quiche, chicken pot pie) we love their brand of frozen pie crust. The best! I take it to Holidays for get togethers, and no one knows its gluten-free. There are 2 in a package in the freezer.

We also love the Against the Grain Baggets (spelling?). There are 2 long thin loafs in one bag in the freezer section. SO good. We use them to make french dips, subs, and most often garlic bread. So good! I also stock up on the gluten free "graham" crackers. They are nice to have when the kids aren't feeling good. Easy on the tummy. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: