Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

1 Month Gluten Free...was Feeling So Good! Not Today...

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 jamiecasabellameeks

jamiecasabellameeks

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Okay, if anyone could tell me his/her experiences, I would appreciate it!!!

I love sweet tea! Really, that's probably an understatement...I AM OBSESSED SWEET TEA!!!  Does anyone else have issues when they drink tea??? If not, maybe gluten is sneaking in somewhere else!!!

ALSO...what are your experiences with McAlister's Deli!!??  All I ordered was a baked potato!!  I even asked them to use clean gloves and a clean knife.  They agreed!  I FEEL HORRIBLE! I assume it was my meal, but I'm sad!  Mississippi is not a very "gluten-free-friendly state".  I thought I could at least have my tea and my potato! :(

Jamie :wacko:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Sweet tea has a lot of sugar and caffeine. Both could cause a problem.

As for the potato, anything that came in contact to it could be contaminated (butter for example).

#3 Linda1948

Linda1948

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Okay, if anyone could tell me his/her experiences, I would appreciate it!!!

I love sweet tea! Really, that's probably an understatement...I AM OBSESSED SWEET TEA!!!  Does anyone else have issues when they drink tea??? If not, maybe gluten is sneaking in somewhere else!!!

ALSO...what are your experiences with McAlister's Deli!!??  All I ordered was a baked potato!!  I even asked them to use clean gloves and a clean knife.  They agreed!  I FEEL HORRIBLE! I assume it was my meal, but I'm sad!  Mississippi is not a very "gluten-free-friendly state".  I thought I could at least have my tea and my potato! :(

After being gluten-free and DF for two months, I'm beginning to suspect nightshade intolerance. These include potatoes, tomatoes, and peppers. Symptoms feel just like I ate gluten. You may want to try staying away from these and see what happens.

#4 EmiPark210

EmiPark210

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

If they prepared your potato on a surface with gluten then you could be cross contaminated. If you're going to check for any sort of other food intolerance, then do it in a controlled environment like your own kitchen.

IBS Diagnosis: 2010

Celiac blood results: 2/21/13 Positive

Biopsy: 4/19/13 - visually positive, 4/23/13 - positive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: