Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Do I Have Celiac Disease...or Is It Just Gluten Sensitivity

4 posts in this topic

I am currently 19 years old. I live a pretty normal life but my stomach has been distended for quite some time. My stomach sticks out as if I was a pregnant female and its been like this since an early age. It has caused me some anxiety problems and has even gotten me on medication which I am now tapering off. I work out 4-5 times a week at a local gym nearby my house and i am in complete good shape everything is fit and fine.. everything except my stomach. I have gotten an endoscopy and a colonoscopy and the results were that i had chronic gastritis. I was given a list of foods to eat and not to eat but that didnt really seem to work.. or maybe i didnt follow it right? But i am still concerned and would like to ask if they could find out if i have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity through these two tests? my stomach extends out alot I dont have much pains and no diarrhea or any of the many symptoms im just gassy and my stomach is really out there. I appreciate any responses and would love to receive some help. Thank you.

Ads by Google:

Maybe try removing gluten from your diet and see how you react? If you find any relief it would be worth it. Plus I think you should mention your concern to your doctor. It couldn't hurt. Hope you feel better soon! :)

Hi Arian,

If you can get the blood antibodie tests done you should do that before trying the gluten-free diet.  The blood test are a simple procedure but you may have to wait a few weeks for the results.

Hi Arian,

Maybe you should ask your doctor to send you for an abdominal ultrasound.

I hope you find the cause.