Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Never Had Rashes Until Giving Up Gluten. Reaction?

• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

#1 ButtercupSarah

ButtercupSarah

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

I am undiagnosed, but gave up gluten just a few weeks ago. I messed up one night and ate something I tthought was safe and wasn't and broke out in an itchy hive-like rash. As we speak I am getting a pedicure...as soon as she put the lotion on my legs they immediately start itching like crazy and I have a rash/hives. This never happened prior to giving up the gluten. Could their be gluten in the lotion and now I am more sensitive from giving it up? Thank you all for your help!

Gluten Intolerant 2013

Hypothyroid 2013

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

There are many things in lotions that a person can be allergic to. It is very possible that since giving up gluten, other allergies decided to rear their heads (an example of this would be how i found out about my tomato allergy after going gluten free).

I would find out what the lotion was, and try to find out what was in it.

#3 ButtercupSarah

ButtercupSarah

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

There are many things in lotions that a person can be allergic to. It is very possible that since giving up gluten, other allergies decided to rear their heads (an example of this would be how i found out about my tomato allergy after going gluten free).

I would find out what the lotion was, and try to find out what was in it.

Thank you! I tried to read the bottle but all they say is "For professional use only." I didn't realize other things could rear up like that. Crazy! I will try to research the ingrediants online. I appreciate your help!

Gluten Intolerant 2013

Hypothyroid 2013

#4 surviormom

surviormom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

I am undiagnosed, but gave up gluten just a few weeks ago. I messed up one night and ate something I tthought was safe and wasn't and broke out in an itchy hive-like rash. As we speak I am getting a pedicure...as soon as she put the lotion on my legs they immediately start itching like crazy and I have a rash/hives. This never happened prior to giving up the gluten. Could their be gluten in the lotion and now I am more sensitive from giving it up? Thank you all for your help!

I am in the same spot.  Gave it up last summer, but since then, I am very sensitive to many things, and the least bit of gluten sets me off.  I am having a bad week this week, because of a piece of birthday cake last week.  Still paying for it.

Gluten Free 2012 - Dairy Free 2012 - Acid Reflux Diet 2013

Chronic Gastritis 2013 - Peptic Duodenitis 2013 - Hiatal Hernia 2013 - C-Diff 2013 - Endometriosis 2013 - Uterine Fibroids 2013

Patellar Tendonitis 2013 - Arthritis 2014 - NCGI 2014 - Erosive Esophagitis 2014 - Barretts 2014

I have a long list of physical ailments that were being grouped into age/gender by doctors.

Began Gluten Free and Casein Free after an Allergy Test trying to find answers to health problems that the doctors just were not answering well enough. Looking back through history, I have a lifetime of allergies and gastro issues.

Learn from yesterday, Live for today, and Hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

#5 ButtercupSarah

ButtercupSarah

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

I am in the same spot.  Gave it up last summer, but since then, I am very sensitive to many things, and the least bit of gluten sets me off.  I am having a bad week this week, because of a piece of birthday cake last week.  Still paying for it.

It is so strange! I have never had reactions like this before, and to so many things. To me it is just an indicator that I made the right decision to give it up. Obviously my body does not appreciate it! So glad I found this website and I am able to talk to people with the same issues :)

Gluten Intolerant 2013

Hypothyroid 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: