Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Never Had Rashes Until Giving Up Gluten. Reaction?

5 posts in this topic

I am undiagnosed, but gave up gluten just a few weeks ago. I messed up one night and ate something I tthought was safe and wasn't and broke out in an itchy hive-like rash. As we speak I am getting a pedicure...as soon as she put the lotion on my legs they immediately start itching like crazy and I have a rash/hives. This never happened prior to giving up the gluten. Could their be gluten in the lotion and now I am more sensitive from giving it up? Thank you all for your help!

Ads by Google:

There are many things in lotions that a person can be allergic to. It is very possible that since giving up gluten, other allergies decided to rear their heads (an example of this would be how i found out about my tomato allergy after going gluten free).

I would find out what the lotion was, and try to find out what was in it.

There are many things in lotions that a person can be allergic to. It is very possible that since giving up gluten, other allergies decided to rear their heads (an example of this would be how i found out about my tomato allergy after going gluten free).

I would find out what the lotion was, and try to find out what was in it.

Thank you! I tried to read the bottle but all they say is "For professional use only." I didn't realize other things could rear up like that. Crazy! I will try to research the ingrediants online. I appreciate your help!

I am undiagnosed, but gave up gluten just a few weeks ago. I messed up one night and ate something I tthought was safe and wasn't and broke out in an itchy hive-like rash. As we speak I am getting a pedicure...as soon as she put the lotion on my legs they immediately start itching like crazy and I have a rash/hives. This never happened prior to giving up the gluten. Could their be gluten in the lotion and now I am more sensitive from giving it up? Thank you all for your help!

I am in the same spot.  Gave it up last summer, but since then, I am very sensitive to many things, and the least bit of gluten sets me off.  I am having a bad week this week, because of a piece of birthday cake last week.  Still paying for it.

I am in the same spot.  Gave it up last summer, but since then, I am very sensitive to many things, and the least bit of gluten sets me off.  I am having a bad week this week, because of a piece of birthday cake last week.  Still paying for it.

It is so strange! I have never had reactions like this before, and to so many things. To me it is just an indicator that I made the right decision to give it up. Obviously my body does not appreciate it! So glad I found this website and I am able to talk to people with the same issues :)