3 replies to this topic

#1 Nikki2777

Nikki2777

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Don't get scared off by the name of the brand "Macro Vegetarian".  I'm not vegetarian, nor do I try to eat macro, but these meals are delicious!  I recently e-mailed the company and found that many of their meals are gluten free (I've been eating them for long before I discovered I have Celiac.)  So, wanted to share.  You can probably find them in your health food store, if not in your general grocery.

The first three are my absolute favorites, I usually add a little gluten-free soy sauce and warm them in the microwave (in a bowl)  -- 

Sprouted Brown Rice Risotto - 126

Organic Brown Rice, Organic Tofu (Organic Soybeans, Filtered Water, Nigiri, Organic Spices), Filtered Water, Organic Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Organic Corn, Organic Green Peas, Organic Onion, Sea Salt, Spices, Sesame Oil.

Sprouted Brown Rice w/Sprouted Lentil Pilaf - 127

Organic Sprouted Brown Rice, Organic Sprouted Lentil, Organic Carrot, Organic Onion, Organic Cauliflower, Curry Powder, Organic Garlic, Sea Salt, Organic Coconut Oil, Spices.

Sprouted Brown Rice w/Sprouted Quinoa - 128 (THIS IS BEYOND DELICIOUS!)

Organic Sprouted Brown RIce, Organic Sprouted Quinoa, Organic Zucchini, Organic Yellow Squash, Organic Onion, Organic Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Organic Celery, Soybean Oil, Sea Salt, Spices

To keep the list manageable, I've left out the ingredients on these others, but I'll bet they're just as good:

Macro Sushi - 201

Sprouted Brown Rice Ginger Sushi - 222

Edamame - 206

Peking Duck - 211

Yuba Pocket - 214

BBQ Tofu - 301

Sweet & Sour Tofu - 303

Chickpea Masala - 304

Curry Tofu - 305

Dill Tofu Salad - 406

Vegan Tofu Salad - 407

Black Bean Salad - 411

Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Tofu Salad - 414

Seaweed Salad - 410

Tokyo Seaweed Salad - 215

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Are they frozen? Or a dried soup cup type thing that you add water? My son likes things like noodle cups or a rice cup that he can microwave and add some grilled chicken to for his lunch.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 Nikki2777

Nikki2777

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

Are they frozen? Or a dried soup cup type thing that you add water? My son likes things like noodle cups or a rice cup that he can microwave and add some grilled chicken to for his lunch.

Not frozen - just refrigerated.  You can actually eat them cold, but I prefer them a little warm.  And you don't need to add water.  Try the Sprouted Brown Rice/Sprouted Quinoa with a little soy sauce first, it's so flavorful.

#4 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

They sound interesting. Sadly most convenience foods are off limits to me (especially vegetarian) because of soy. Oh well, at least someone has something they can enjoy that is simple. I know how much that is worth. :)

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: