4 replies to this topic

#1 Colleeney

Colleeney

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Hi, I get myself turned around reading the different topics. I remember reading one that had a link to a diet for refactory celiac. Does that ring a bell for anyone? Can you help me check it out. As I recall it was a person's name, maybe starting with a "K"? Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

Here it is, this article describes the study, and the actual study you can get to by clicking on "study" in the article.  They describe the diet in more detail.  http://celiacdisease...ac-symptoms.htm

Let me tell you that the diet includes some things that I had to eliminate.  If you get improvement, but not all the way, you should be on the right track.  It is helpful to keep a food/symptom journal and do challenge/elimination diets to figure out your last few issues.  You'll see that it didn't make all the study participants symptom free.  It seems that even among super sensitives, there is variability of sensitivity.

#3 Colleeney

Colleeney

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Thank you so much. I'll post again when I've tried it. It seems so strange to me that other things like soy are now a problem for me. I wasn't diagnosed till age 54 and wonder if I always had a soy reaction too. Isn't the human body just a miraculous jumble of chaos:)  Thanks again.

Here it is, this article describes the study, and the actual study you can get to by clicking on "study" in the article.  They describe the diet in more detail.  http://celiacdisease...ac-symptoms.htm

Let me tell you that the diet includes some things that I had to eliminate.  If you get improvement, but not all the way, you should be on the right track.  It is helpful to keep a food/symptom journal and do challenge/elimination diets to figure out your last few issues.  You'll see that it didn't make all the study participants symptom free.  It seems that even among super sensitives, there is variability of sensitivity.

#4 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hi Colleeny,

If it is a recent thread, you can use the "View new content"  link on the top right side of the main screen. that will list all the recent threads.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#5 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

Soy can be contaminated with gluten.  Look at Tricia Thompson's study: http://www.glutenfre...en-free-grains/

I found that I couldn't eat soy produces, but I could eat soy if I bought edamane in the pod.

I hope that the more careful diet helps you to improve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: