1 reply to this topic

#1 rjshill

rjshill

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

I have been having multiple celiac symptoms for going on 2 years. My labs according to my family practice doctor are negative for celiac. She sent me a GI doc in order for him to further evaluate. After my endoscopy he came out and told my husband that it looked very suspicious for celiac disease. However, he only took one biopsy which the pathologist made no note of villi or celiac. So I have been told this is just reflux. Since then I have been on Nexium and had my gallbladder removed yet my symptoms remain. I need a good doc who will listen and take the recommended biopsy so I can get a true diagnosis. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

I have been having multiple celiac symptoms for going on 2 years. My labs according to my family practice doctor are negative for celiac. She sent me a GI doc in order for him to further evaluate. After my endoscopy he came out and told my husband that it looked very suspicious for celiac disease. However, he only took one biopsy which the pathologist made no note of villi or celiac. So I have been told this is just reflux. Since then I have been on Nexium and had my gallbladder removed yet my symptoms remain. I need a good doc who will listen and take the recommended biopsy so I can get a true diagnosis. 

Many people here are self diagnosed and feel quite comfortable with their choice, and don't feel the need of an  " official diagnosis".

Were you gluten free at at the time of testing?

You can remain on a full gluten diet (if you are not already) and be retested, or go full gluten free and document your results. Positive dietary results can be considered diagnositc as well.

Here is a contact for Rocket City, who can help you find a doctor:

http://www.gluten.ne...g-of-huntsville

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: