Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Please Describe Spring...am Getting Desperate.

sick and tired of this snow!

• Please log in to reply

51 replies to this topic

#16 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:45 AM

The sun is shining right now in Northern Maine, the forecast calls for 50-60's! Where did I put those flip flops haha probably right next to my winter boots that I'll need this weekend

" You know you're a Noo Englandah when...."

You can wear flip flops and shorts one day and boots and scarves the next ....during March, April and sometimes May and October.

You think 50 degree water is  " a:good swimming temp"

You think 8 inches of snow is a "dusting".

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

β€œIf idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

I heard a rumor that here in Ohio, Sunday was sunny and 70 degrees.  Unfortunately I missed it because I was sicker than a dog.

sick-dog-in-bed-smiley-emoticon.gif

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#18 ~**caselynn**~

~**caselynn**~

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

" You know you're a Noo Englandah when...."

You can wear flip flops and shorts one day and boots and scarves the next ....during March, April and sometimes May and October.
You think 50 degree water is " a:good swimming temp"
You think 8 inches of snow is a "dusting".

Hahaha, oh this rings too true! Guess I'm def a New Englandah!! Ps...the sun has gone under, wind is picking up but I've still got my flip flops on! 45° and holding 😝
~**caselynn**~

#19 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

I heard a rumor that here in Ohio, Sunday was sunny and 70 degrees.  Unfortunately I missed it because I was sicker than a dog.

sick-dog-in-bed-smiley-emoticon.gif

better now, I hope! xx

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#20 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hahaha, oh this rings too true! Guess I'm def a New Englandah!! Ps...the sun has gone under, wind is picking up but I've still got my flip flops on! 45Β° and holding

That's a hearty girl! ;)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#21 ~**caselynn**~

~**caselynn**~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

That's a hearty girl! ;)

Oh I'll probably get a cold for my foolish actions, but it's been a loooongggggg winter....I can't take anymore snow! Lol 😭😝
~**caselynn**~

#22 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Looks like that horrid weather has finally found the energy to cross the equator and head our way.  We are due for a week of rain... only it's not really going to rain, you know that, it's going to mizzle and sneet and do anything except provide the right moisture to green up our parched paddocks to provide winter feed for our sheeps, cows, and deers, before the ice stops the growth and we start feeding out the hay and silage and bailage we made in our most abundant spring.  And then we will start snowplowing and digging out the stock from under feets of snow and having baby lambs on the hearth feeding out of bottles.... and so the cycle repeats itself... endlessly.... :rolleyes:

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#23 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

The news is calling for snow tonight....

It was quite cold today as well.

#24 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

Oh I'll probably get a cold for my foolish actions, but it's been a loooongggggg winter....I can't take anymore snow! Lol

Nope. Me neither and that is why this hearty New Englander is moving to Florida very soon. B) Come with me. 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#25 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

Looks like that horrid weather has finally found the energy to cross the equator and head our way.  We are due for a week of rain... only it's not really going to rain, you know that, it's going to mizzle and sneet and do anything except provide the right moisture to green up our parched paddocks to provide winter feed for our sheeps, cows, and deers, before the ice stops the growth and we start feeding out the hay and silage and bailage we made in our most abundant spring.  And then we will start snowplowing and digging out the stock from under feets of snow and having baby lambs on the hearth feeding out of bottles.... and so the cycle repeats itself... endlessly.... :rolleyes:

sneet, now that one  I know

mizzle (er, drizzle and mist?)  That's a good one!!! :D

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#26 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

The magnolias are out this week, and camelias well in bud. WoooHoooooo

We get sea mizzle here B)

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#27 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

The sun is shining right now in Northern Maine, the forecast calls for 50-60's! Where did I put those flip flops haha probably right next to my winter boots that I'll need this weekend

Now to us those temps would be downright sweltering!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#28 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

Its snowing like mad now. I slipped and fell on the ice earlier. I did not see it at all. It was coating one of those metal grate like things. Luckily, i didn't hurt myself. My bum will probably be bruised and my knee was a little sore (it gave out when i fell i think).

I had to put my backpack on my back instead of wheeling it. My neck (from keeping my head to my chest as i walked because of blowing snow) and back are a little sore now, but i'm fine.

#29 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

I used to like Spring but not anymore.  My eyes have been red for 3 weeks and I have had trouble not sneezing constantly when I go outdoors on high mold days.  It has not been this bad in years but we had a lot of snow this winter and snow ends up as mold in the Spring.  Freakin' Bah Humbug.....you can keep mold season.  :angry:

So, I guess retirement for me will be an igloo somewhere around Loves to Travel's house....which may not be bad as she is an amazing cook!  ;)

#30 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

http://www.facebook...._count=1&ref=nf

Found the photo above on FB first thing this morning -- from Explore Canada's page -- taken in Vancouver -- Spring is on the way -- hope it makes it to you folks east of there very quickly!!!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: