Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Please Describe Spring...am Getting Desperate.

sick and tired of this snow!

• Please log in to reply

51 replies to this topic

#31 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

I used to like Spring but not anymore.  My eyes have been red for 3 weeks and I have had trouble not sneezing constantly when I go outdoors on high mold days.  It has not been this bad in years but we had a lot of snow this winter and snow ends up as mold in the Spring.  Freakin' Bah Humbug.....you can keep mold season.  :angry:

So, I guess retirement for me will be an igloo somewhere around Loves to Travel's house....which may not be bad as she is an amazing cook!  ;)

I'm with Gemini on this one -- Spring Sprung in San Diego about a month ago and I've been on anti-histamines much, much more than I like -- itchy watery eyes along with breathing problems when out walking and hard to forget a fun dash to ER with yet undetermined allergic reaction -- the spring wildflowers have got me in the past, but not nearly as bad as this year.

Thankfully my men are still designing my Bubble Suit -- next year should be a bit better ;)

or perhaps I'll just have to house swap with someone that keeps spring at bay awhile longer next year!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

I FOUND SPRING!!!  It's in Ohio on the golf course.  80 degrees and sunny.

Oh, wait a second, cold front coming thru tonight, back to crap in the morning.

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

#33 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Snowed again today. Big, heavy detestable flakes. At least there are no mosquitoes!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#34 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Lol...it is 80 here...so I'm on the patio to escape the hot house and just lit 4 citronella candles to surround me in case those pesky mosquitos are hatching nearby!

Actually about 70 out here - inside still 80ish.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#35 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Lol...it is 80 here...so I'm on the patio to escape the hot house and just lit 4 citronella candles to surround me in case those pesky mosquitos are hatching nearby!

Sorry, but that sorta made me giggle. Only for a few seconds, though, as I did not want to get too carried away..
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#36 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Still sore from my fall yesterday. It was not supposed to snow today, I peeked outside and guess what? <_<

#37 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Fall?  You okay Shadow?

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#38 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

friend of my just took this....

http://www.facebook...._count=1&ref=nf

any takers on the house swap dealio next spring ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#39 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

Yesterday was bright sunshine, and sweater not coat weather :)

(Apart from the hailstones)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#40 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

We had some pinhead sized hail while we were in the yard planting tomato seeds on Monday. Potted tomatoes, not ground tomatoes. Perfect, beautiful, sunny, hail weather. I was comfy in a t shirt and I'm always cold. Last night we had a hard freeze, it was 20 when I left the house to go to work. Utah has some freaky spring weather.

Did I mention before that all the trees are blooming? I wouldn't have to see them to know either, my eyes feel like I have some weird sand/itching powder combo in them. The vinegar rinse in my eye in the shower yesterday morning probably didn't help, followed by the impossibility of washing hot pepper hotness off your hands and forgetting about it, then rubbing your itchy eye. Naturally the one that had vinegar in it. Can I just sleep til spring is over? It is clearly not my season. I am quite sure the eye thing will be comical in retrospect. Or of course if you are anyone but me. :P

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#41 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

I wouldn't have to see them to know either, my eyes feel like I have some weird sand/itching powder combo in them. The vinegar rinse in my eye in the shower yesterday morning probably didn't help, followed by the impossibility of washing hot pepper hotness off your hands and forgetting about it, then rubbing your itchy eye. Naturally the one that had vinegar in it. Can I just sleep til spring is over? It is clearly not my season. I am quite sure the eye thing will be comical in retrospect. Or of course if you are anyone but me. :P

Who are you Lucy Ricardo?

No, wait, that's me!

(this is why I am forbidden to use the mandolin, the table saw and the hedge trimmers. You only need to back track and cut the electrical cord

3 times before those are taken away, apparently)

And I thought I was the only dumbass who rubbed her eyes (or perhaps other delicate places she may have accidentally

"grazed " ) after dicing jalapenos. Warning! I do NOT recommend this. :blink:

The willow trees are in bloom. Those are my one of my favorite trees. I used to sit under a large one with my Aunt Isabel

and have picnics. sigh. Life was simple then....But I digress.

There seems to be the usual amount of "screwing with us schizophrenic weather" we NorthEasterners are so familiar with.

One day, 60 and sunny, the next, 45 and gray, windy and BLAH. Hot cold/ hot cold. I like 70's and 80s.

B)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#42 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hah! It is short sleeve weather here at 45! I left work yesterday without my coat after going all bundled up when it was 20 freaking degrees. Today I get spring sprinkles and 55 for another Dr. appointment.

Three times huh? I'm surprised it took that long for you to have your toys taken away. It sounds like the sort of thing someone does on purpose so they don't have to be out doing that any more. I understand though. I am so like this. My husband will start to get mad about something and I will have to explain, for the 3 billionth time, that it really was an accident and that I really didn't mean to do something that stupid. Again.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#43 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

" You know you're a Noo Englandah when...."

You can wear flip flops and shorts one day and boots and scarves the next ....during March, April and sometimes May and October.

You think 50 degree water is  " a:good swimming temp"

No, no, noooo... That's Canadian! Well, except our west coast - they don't count.  ;)

And socks with sandals... that's almost the only way we can wear sandals except for July and August.  Yep, wool socks with sandals - i am so very very cool.

Wierd weather up here too. i had a snowball fight in the yard with my boys yesterday. My arm is still sore form it. We have T-shirt weather with gloves, except it's supposed to snow tonight, and tomorrow, and on Sunday....T shirt weather is above 5C up here.  :D

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#44 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Three times huh? I'm surprised it took that long for you to have your toys taken away. It sounds like the sort of thing someone does on purpose so they don't have to be out doing that any more. 

No, I LIKE doing it, honest.

I did not tell him the first  time. :ph34r:  I had the cord fixed before he saw it. Second time, he sais "Oh that's okay, babe. I've done that myself"

Oh good, not the only spaz in the house..... and he fixed it. Third, time, I fessed up. Then, he gave me the "ok, you're done here".

He was more concerned about my hands, arms, and

possibly my mid section as I tend to sweep the hedges back and forth. Not supposed to do that, I am told. :unsure:  :D

And socks with sandals... that's almost the only way we can wear sandals except for July and August.  Yep, wool socks with sandals - i am so very very cool.

yeah, Nicole, ...that look is er, um  "something" :lol: and I am sure it is adorable on you.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#45 ~**caselynn**~

~**caselynn**~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:29 AM

No, no, noooo... That's Canadian! Well, except our west coast - they don't count. ;)

And socks with sandals... that's almost the only way we can wear sandals except for July and August. Yep, wool socks with sandals - i am so very very cool.

Wierd weather up here too. i had a snowball fight in the yard with my boys yesterday. My arm is still sore form it. We have T-shirt weather with gloves, except it's supposed to snow tonight, and tomorrow, and on Sunday....T shirt weather is above 5C up here. :D

YES!! You're totally right, it's Canadian! How did I forget that given that I'm half Canadian and live literally 3 minutes from the border! haha
Ps...I wore my Birki sandals with wool socks just the other day, hehe luckily it's a bit warmer here, well yesterday was anyway. It hit 70° with the wind it was more like 50° but we'll take it! This am it's raining but supposed to be nice this afternoon mid 50's! I hope it warms up in a months time, I've got the first camping trip of the season booked to St Andrews! Can't wait! 😃😃
~**caselynn**~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: