Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

Reaction- Possibly Salicylates?

2 posts in this topic

im not a lover of taking pills if i can do without them- but had period pains today. which is a bit odd coz i dont really "do" periods. well not since i started having my problems "that dont really exist" - about 16 years ago.

does this mean goin gluten free will give me "proper periods"!!!!!  nooo!

anyhow took some paracetamol but the extra strong fast acting kind. ive used them before with no problem. felt awful all day- weird and out of it with a slight rash on my arms,neck looked flushed but had makeup on so couldnt tell if face was rashy or not.. stomach was flipping over all day, and had constant burping.

id not eaten anything different so must have been the tablets. checked ingredients and it contained paracetamol, aspirin,caffeine and sorbitol. 

any theories on which one it could have been, im thinking salicylates coz of the aspirin. but who knows- im just fed up of it all now...

hi jhol, I don't know about your reaction and salicylates but since I've gone gluten free, my periods have been so painful like how they used to be before I had my son 11 yrs ago (bringing me to my knees kind of cramps, nearly fainting and leg pain)...I don't have a clue why, but hope its not going to stay this way :( .

Hope you find out whats caused your reaction.