arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Knoxville, Tn - The Grill At Highlands Row :)

knoxville gluten-free

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

went out to a show with my daughter (and shopping lolz!) and i noticed there was a restaurant within walking distance of the venue.  also, the chef is featured on our local news program and i noticed he cooks with simple ingredients <in stainless steel :)  so i called to see if they could accommodate serious gluten-free.  i told them i was not on a fad diet and if i got gluten i would get really sick.  they put the manager on the phone and he assured me everything would be safe.  we got there and were seated and were given 'regular' menus.  i asked the waitress what would be safe (we were each getting a salad and wanted to split a full order of oysters 'rockefeller' )  she brought me out a menu all marked off how to order everything.  coolio.  so we got our salads - absolutely delicious - dressing was house made yum yum yum!  then they bring out the oysters - with a big pile of saltines plopped right in the middle!!  i freaked out!  she apologized all over the place, left the contaminated ones (and encouraged my daughter to eat them - she is not celiac) (BIG DEAL PAY ATTENTION - IF YOU EVER HAVE TO SEND SOMETHING BACK, KEEP THE CONTAMINATED ONE UNTIL THEY BRING YOU NEW SO THEY DON'T JUST PICK THE GLUTEN OFF AND BRING THE SAME DISH BACK)  they brought me a whole new dozen and they were deeee-licious.  and safe.  just about everything on the menu was marked could be made gluten-free.  i highly recommend this place.  and they didn't make me feel all uncomfortable about getting what i needed.  i don't eat out much - hardly at all - but when i do, it's sooo nice not to have to fingerprint even one meal now and again!

and ps - the next time the guy was on the news channel, he made shrimp and grits and emphasized that it could very easily be made gluten free.  he must have been paying attention :)  

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: