This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Thoughts For Boston 4-15-2013

Lisa

Lisa Mentor

Our thoughts are for our friends in Boston and for those injured. May retribution be quick.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

What a cowardly attack :blink:   We stand with you, Boston, and with the runners from all over the world.

Gemini Experienced

Ohhhhhh.......we'll catch whoever did this.  Don't mess with a Patriot from Boston!  It may take awhile but we'll find 'em.

Prayers of recovery to all those injured and our hearts to those who died.  :(

Lisa Mentor

What a cowardly attack :blink:   We stand with you, Boston, and with the runners from all over the world.

Indeed it is! An act of a COWARD (S)!

elye Community Regular

As the story continues to unfold, my heart continues to break a little more...and the anger within me builds.....fury, really. Prayers from up here to all those injured and lost.  Ottawa holds the biggest Canadian race weekend in a couple of weeks, and my family is involved -- my son and husband are volunteering throughout, stationed right at the finish line. We refuse to have this horrific act change where we go and what we do, but somehow things will never feel the same at these international events.....

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Sending thoughts and prayers to the families and those affected.

I am so sorry another city has had to go through this. I lived in London for many years, and hated the threat of attacks like this. The various attacks there were far too close to home. The London marathon is this weekend. May it be a safe and happy event. Each year, amateur runners raise a huge amount of money for charity at this event.

Strength going forward to all of Boston.

Mw

GF Lover Rising Star

Why are kids always getting killed and hurt in this country?  I don't understand the mindset of people who...ugh.  It makes me sad.

Thoughts and prayers to our world to be kind.

Colleen 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VeggieGal Contributor

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected.

What a very sad and frightening world we live in and explaining to a child the kind of world he's growing up in is so difficult when hes still so innocent and believes the good in people.

There's so much I want to say but feel too saddened, angry and yet speechless.

God bless

GottaSki Mentor

Boston Strong!

Gemini Experienced

This is why terrorists will never win.  No one can break this spirit.  Thanks for posting......I have goosebumps and it isn't from my allergies!

GottaSki Mentor

Homegrown for the past ten years :(

Stay safe Boston!  We all know how strong you are.  Our family stands with you.

For me....Oklahoma, Columbine, 911 combined to make me very fearful for about two years while my children were quite young...fearful of the world we were leaving my babies -- those babies are now 18 and 19 years old -- they have grown in the shadow of these events and I am proud to say are strong, brave young men.

I am no longer fearful of what is happening in this world -- I am a member of my local CERT team and suggest to everyone I meet.....prepare.

Do not be fearful -- be prepared and remain watchful -- if you see something "fishy" wherever you live in this "new" world report it to your local police -- NON-emergency.  Millions of eyes can see far more than any homeland security group.

Busy day...off to move my Mom into her new home...

Happy Friday Everyone :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Ohhhhhh.......we'll catch whoever did this.  Don't mess with a Patriot from Boston!  It may take awhile but we'll find 'em.

Got that right, my Bostonian sister. And it's happening right now.

Hopefully, they can take down the remaining one without any more casualties.

Boston Strong. No fear.

Loey Rising Star

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone touched by this horrific tragedy. Here's my favorite video showing the resilience of Boston, our country, and the world:

Open Original Shared Link

Loey Rising Star

Homegrown for the past ten years :(

Stay safe Boston!  We all know how strong you are.  Our family stands with you.

For me....Oklahoma, Columbine, 911 combined to make me very fearful for about two years while my children were quite young...fearful of the world we were leaving my babies -- those babies are now 18 and 19 years old -- they have grown in the shadow of these events and I am proud to say are strong, brave young men.

I am no longer fearful of what is happening in this world -- I am a member of my local CERT team and suggest to everyone I meet.....prepare.

Do not be fearful -- be prepared and remain watchful -- if you see something "fishy" wherever you live in this "new" world report it to your local police -- NON-emergency.  Millions of eyes can see far more than any homeland security group.

Busy day...off to move my Mom into her new home...

Happy Friday Everyone :)

Truer words were never spoken!!!  "SEE SOMETHING - SAY SOMETHING!!!!  My son is 21 and wants to join the FBI. Hopefully the next generation will accomplish what we have only been able to start.

Archived