2 replies to this topic

#1 poptart87

poptart87

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Is there any way to make yeast dough stretchy and elastic like wheat dough to roll out and shape things like cinnamon rolls and tea rings? Or is that not possible with gluten free dough? I've not had very good luck being able to make dough I can work with that still comes out soft and yummy after baking! It's frustrating to me, I'd like any advice anyone has.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

I do make cinnamon rolls and breads and pizza crusts you can shape but gluten must be present for spring and elasticity, unfortunately. The dough texture will never be the same.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3 poptart87

poptart87

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

Would you please share your cinnamon roll recipe? That's one thing I really want to be able to make! Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: