7 replies to this topic

#1 sputnik1

sputnik1

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Hello. I know this discussion is over 3 years old, but I JUST found it and really need some help. I am a VERY active 30 year old. About 5 years ago I've started having these "episodes" of ridiculous fatigue, puffy face (under eyes), muscle cramps, distended stomach, gas and constipation. This coincided with me finding out I had HSV2 and I was blaming everything on that virus. I've now been on medication since forever and these fatigue episodes have continued. they come and go as they please, sometimes days, sometimes weeks and a few times as long as a month. If I try to push myself and workout while being derailed, I get acid reflex. I've been told it's depression, it's all in my head, i am overworked, over workedout.... but i know it to not be true. because after being ill for a week, i'll wake up one day and all will be normal and i'll be able to play soccer for 2 hours again - no problem. 

i've noticed that i get this when i stress or when i drink beer (even just A beer, i almost never drink) or eat some carbs or some sweet stuff. I've looked into cadida and been taking good probiotics to no avail.

I eat really healthy, no fast food, no carbs. but if i do eat something "off" or drink a beer.... ohhh here it comes, it's like i get hit by a truck and off i go, my brains fogs up and i lose any motivation for anything.

it appears that the posters here have similar problems, yet going gluten free hasn't really helped them. so what is the solution then ? it's been 7 years....

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 peanutbutter&jelly

peanutbutter&jelly

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Go and get bloods done, and go from there. While it might not help everyone, it might just help you :) Worth a shot to stop feeling this way, yeah? I know for me it is, just waiting on an endoscopy to officially diagnose/confirm, CAN NOT WAIT to start gluten-free!

#3 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Have you ever been truly gluten free in 7 years?  It doesn't take much to keep the autoantibody factory in production, and one lapse (like a regular -- non gluten-free - beer) can start up a new, more active production line.  So before you say it is not gluten, you must be truly gluten free, OCD almost in being gluten free and avoiding cross-contamination (which comes from something as simple as taking croutons off the salad and then eating the salad!).  Give it a good strict trial, drink Redbridge or Bard's Ale or similar gluten free beer, and see how you feel when you are truly gluten free.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hello. I know this discussion is over 3 years old, but I JUST found it and really need some help. ....

I split this into its own topic as I felt that would be more helpful.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

5 out of 4 people struggle with math.

math-problem-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5 sputnik1

sputnik1

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

One other "distinguishing" symptom is i get these tiny tiny bumps (sores ?!) on the inside of my bottom part of mouth not on lip, but from lip down. they come and go at times and only stay for a few hours, but i can't even see them in mirror they are so small, yet i feel them very much with my tongue. they are not 100% present for the time all the fatigue lasts, but they ONLY show up when i have this.

i'll do the gluten free, no doubt. However, what i was saying is that the member that had 100% of my symptoms also went gluten free and yet says his/her symptoms come out from time to time

#6 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

You mention posters having similar problems and gluten free not helping, but I can't find which posters you are referring to.  This must have come from the splitting of the topic, I guess.  So perhaps you can remind us.  Most people notice some difference when eating gluten free; very few have no changes unless they do not wait long enough for changes to occur.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 sputnik1

sputnik1

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hey Mushroom, yeah the topic was indeed split, sicne the original post was last update 3 years ago. but people there seem to share 100% of my symptoms. the damn CRAVING is my biggest downfall. I am not hungry and yet all i want is sugar and carbs. it's crazy. i fight and fight with myself and lose everytime to sweets. I'll go take out money from ATM just to go to vending machine and buy a King Size Snickers and this is coming from a guy that eats home made soup and buckwheat as 80% of the diet on normal days.

I doubt this gluten reaction because if something is BAD for you, why would the body keep craving it.

original post this way: yumummymy is the poster

http://www.celiac.co...omach-distress/

#8 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

You think heroin is good for heroin addicts or alcohol is good for alcoholics? :ph34r:   Stuff becomes bad for you because you crave it and consume too darned much of it.  Sure sign of addiction.  We always become addicted to the stuff that's bad for us.  Lay off it :ph34r:   Go back to buckwheat and soup and feel better :)

Neroli

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009