5 replies to this topic

#1 Hyper1

Hyper1

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

Hi, I didn't know whether to start a new thread or add to my last one on migraines.....I have also recently been suffering from arrhythmia and wondered whether this could be associated with celiac? I noticed some references to it in other threads but nothing concrete.

Also just a short note about myself......I am currently going through battery of tests (in the UK) for celiac (or coeliac) - but the first ones came back positive. I did start gluten free but was told to stop until all tests finished. Started down the celiac route after suffering with quite a range of gradually worsening problems over the years, mostly head/migraine, bowel, stomach, fatigue, and dizziness related. My son is already following a diet free of gluten/casein and lots if other foods due to ASD diagnosis (he has been on this diet now for about 12 years).

Many thanks all for all the info so far-

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

Hello, and welcome to the board.  I am one who has suffered from gluten/lectin  arrthythmias.  Tell me more and how I can potentially help you.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

Are you having palpitations or arrhythmia?
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#4 nicolebeth

nicolebeth

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

That can be connected to thyroid. I'm hypothyroid. If I take too low of a dose of meds, I have so many PVCs that I can't relax into sleep at night. My doctor (after an EKG) expressed some amazement at the number since I think she thought I was exaggerating. Less than a week on the higher dose, and everything stabilized (I also had a normal echo to confirm it was nothing else). It all started after a month on a lower dose (which I had asked for because of jumpiness from the other dose). Anyway, so I recommend you look into thyroid as being a cause. Palpitations, etc. can be a symptom of under-treated autoimmune thyroiditis.

Good luck!

#5 Hyper1

Hyper1

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Thankyou for the responses! I think it may be palpitations - heart seems to flutter as if extra few quick beats. Seem to be collecting new problems all the time!! It started about 3 weeks ago but now have a fair few each day and had many overnight. Anyway just wondered if it may be related to celiac - but I am back to doctors tomorrow.
Interesting about thyroid as that is one of the blood test results I am still waiting for......

Thanks again for the responses.

#6 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Thankyou for the responses! I think it may be palpitations - heart seems to flutter as if extra few quick beats. Seem to be collecting new problems all the time!! It started about 3 weeks ago but now have a fair few each day and had many overnight. Anyway just wondered if it may be related to celiac - but I am back to doctors tomorrow.
Interesting about thyroid as that is one of the blood test results I am still waiting for......

Thanks again for the responses.

Yes, thyroid and adrenals. If you do have thyroid issues and the palps and don't resolve with treatment it could be adrenals, could be iron levels in conjunction with thyroid/adrenals.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: