Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Have Not Grown Properly

3 posts in this topic

At 30 ive recently been diagnosed. I'd never heard of it before but it explains health problems ive had since i was a child.

Anyway the problem is i've never grown properly and have the appearance of a small child, im in a professional job so obviously this is a problem i feel like im not taken seriously and people speak to me in a patronising way. I do actually have periods but who knows whether i could ever realistically give birth to children, i wouldnt like to try.

Is there anything that could be done about this?

Ads by Google:

I have not heard of growth resuming in a person's thirties. I don't believe size is often an issue for childbearing unless the pelvis is extremely small, but I am far from a medical expert....

Welcome to the board. I hope you have great success with the gluten-free diet.

This is a concern you should discuss with your OB/GYN.  I also am very petite and gave birth naturally to a 10 lb baby. My mom was only about 98 lbs pregnant with twins and had no issues.

If folks in your work environment are treating you in a patronizing way you may want to seek out some help to become more self assertive and be sure that you are dressing in a 'mature' way. Looking much younger than your years will be a good thing in 20 years. (Coming from someone who got proofed for alcohol well into my 30's)