Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Cake Anyone?

7 posts in this topic

Today I was out with my son doing a 10k walk raising funds for Cavendish Cancer Care at Chatsworth House, Bakewell in the Uk.

Well after the event we went for food and I ended up with a jacket potato as per usual and then my son pointed out that there was gluten free cake :) I was naturally overjoyed; one that it made me feel special that we were catered for and two, because Ive not had any in months...anyway, there was 4 choices (chocolate, victoria, carrot and coffee cake). mmmm I ordered the carrot cake and really looked forward to it, but with every mouthful I was nervous of cross contamination so ended up not enjoying it at all and leaving most of it :(

ahhhh well, one day.......

Ads by Google:

Yes, it's hard to trust publicly available gluten-free food, especially if you don't know the brand or can't question the chef.

Sometimes I feel like by eating at a new place I'm performing an act equivalent to skydiving.

Sometimes I feel like by eating at a new place I'm performing an act equivalent to skydiving.

lol yes thats exactly how I felt! ! Think my new mission this month is to find just one place I can really trust (huge task I know) :)

Not sure where you are exactly in the UK, but I see the website "Find Me Gluten Free" covers London (and perhaps more?)

Take a look!.

I have had excellent luck with places recommended by people who post reviews on that site (and now, I review on there myself)

I was terrified to eat out at first, but when I had to travel extensively last month,  I took the plunge and now, I am  very comfortable with places recommended by others on that site. Not a single hit.

Hope you find something! Good luck.  :) 

Today I was out with my son doing a 10k walk raising funds for Cavendish Cancer Care at Chatsworth House, Bakewell in the Uk.

Thanks for your participation in raising funds for cancer!!!

Colleen 

Thanks for your participation in raising funds for cancer!!!

Colleen

Thanks Colleen, It has to be done... my son's dad had lung cancer 3 yrs ago :(

We'll crack it one day and get rid of it for good. Infact, I'm hearing lots of positive stories alately, so we're getting there :)

We'll crack it one day and get rid of it for good. Infact, I'm hearing lots of positive stories alately, so we're getting there :)

Yes, we are!  ;) Stories of remission in my family, too.