Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Corn Free/gluten Free Prenatal Vitamins?

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 shorebird

shorebird

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

I recently discovered corn is making me sick :/ I'm currently breastfeeding and trying for baby #2 and have noticed my prenatal vitamins contain corn starch (women's one a day). I've tried looking online for ones without any corn or corn derivatives and that are gluten-free. No luck other than these ones called Garden of Life Raw BUT they contain onion juice and I'm allergic to onions...ugh! Anyone know of corn free and gluten free prenatal vitamins?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Minstinguette

Minstinguette

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

I am in the same boat. From what I've seen, it doesn't look like there's any that's truly corn free and gluten free. I am having the same problem with B12. Can't find any.

We're trying to have a baby and so far I am only taking folic acid from Kirkman's Labs. I have no reaction to it so that's good.

Let me know if you find any!

Intolerant to gluten, corn and dairy
Gluten free since 2010

Hashimoto's

#3 GamerGirl

GamerGirl

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

There are a couple prenatals that don't have corn that I've found. The one I have right now is Vitanica Maternal Symmetry. I got it at my local health food store. It says "This product contains no: preservatives, binders, artificial colorings or flavorings, sugars, starch, lactose, salt, corn, wheat, milk,derivatives, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, or shellfish." Picked it up for just shy of $40 with 180 capsules. However, it says to take a total of 6 pills a day which I didn't realize until later. I can't spend $40/mo on vitamins which sent me looking for another.

There is one other I have come across so far, I'll put the link below. It doesn't state on their website specifically that they're corn free, but they do state that they are hypoallergenic. I haven't emailed or called to see if any of the ingredients are corn derived or not though. Hope it helps.

Their website: http://www.supernutr...ne_prenatal.php

A seller that states it is corn free: http://www.vitacost....er-multivitamin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: