Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

May Is Celiac Disease Awareness Month - Get Your Fb Banner Here! :)

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Debbie Simpson, author of children's book "Adam's Gluten Free Surprise" is encouraging people with Facebook accounts to use one of these celiac disease awareness banners on their FB page for one week in May.  She has created multiple versions  that can be downloaded and used.

http://www.dsimpsonb...-awareness.html

2395045.jpg?261

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Debbie Simpson, author of children's book "Adam's Gluten Free Surprise" is encouraging people with Facebook accounts to use one of these celiac disease awareness banners on their FB page for one week in May.  She has created multiple versions  that can be downloaded and used.

http://www.dsimpsonb...-awareness.html

2395045.jpg?261

Very cool...thanks Paul...I emailed her and asked if she could add one more:

"Our Familiy is Gluten Free"

"because we have to be"

she asked for suggestions for other banners...I'll use either that or the one you show the entire month of May :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

Nice...Debbie responded within minutes...she is going to add an "our family" version :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:16 AM

Great Lisa!  She has quite a few versions out there now.  She has profile picture versions available too.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#5 chicadecasa

chicadecasa

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

Hey all, I created a facebook timeline cover for Celiac Awareness Month if anyone is interested. I know it looks off-center, but once you make it your timeline cover, the profile picture balances it out. :)

8700546853_7fd1517f76_n.jpg

#6 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

Hey all, I created a facebook timeline cover for Celiac Awareness Month if anyone is interested. I know it looks off-center, but once you make it your timeline cover, the profile picture balances it out. :)

8700546853_7fd1517f76_n.jpg

To save a copy of the banner, right click on the image and select Save image as

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: