4 replies to this topic

#1 Night_Owl

Night_Owl

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

If I am very strict and careful not to get any gluten, how soon might I see muscle stiffness and pain go away ? I thought I had gout but now I do believe my pain and stiffness and muscle cramping is due to gluten. I noticed a big difference when I cheated and had pizza. The next day my legs hurt and were so still it was painful to walk. So now I know I need to be good! How long might I start seeing improvement . And how long does it take to get gluten out of my body if I don't eat any. Possible to inhale?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

There is no way to give you an "I feel better" date. We are all different, diagnosed at different stages and with different levels of damage.

Here is what you can count on: Strict removal of gluten - including removing any possible cross-contamination - will bring / restore health.

Hang in there - read as much as you can :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

Yes, as Lisa said there is a lot of variation. Some symptoms are gone almost immediately and others take a few years to completely heal... the majority of symptoms disappearing somewhere in between.

Personally, I had some symptoms (mostly gastro) disappear within days, and then my joint pain took over 6 months to go.  I'm still waiting to see if anything else will get better.  lol

Best wishes.

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 nikbug

nikbug

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

my gastro symptoms went away within days but i'm still having joint pain a month after going gluten-free.

gluten-free since March 2013

#5 Night_Owl

Night_Owl

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

I hope I start feeling better soon. At least an improvement would be good. I am dealing with mostly stiffness and pain. I think I have symptoms of malnutrition . My b12 was about 230 last checked and I have numbness in fingers and toes. My teeth are breaking and I have started supplements but I can't go to a doctor because if lack of insurance. There is a place that will do blood work without a script so maybe I can have my potassium and calcium checked. I haven't officially been diagnosed but I so have an allergy to wheat firstly and have symptoms when eating gluten so that is all I need to know to stay away from it. I can't eat soy and dairy causes intestinal problems . My health is going down. I need to turn it around

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: