#1 LFitts

LFitts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

Has anyone tried the Tasterie boxes? https://www.tasterie.com/shop/

You subscribe and get a box each month that contains foods carefully screened for whichever allergens you specify. You can choose Top 8 allergens, dairy, dairy & egg, dairy & soy, egg, gluten / wheat, gluten / wheat / dairy, gluten / wheat / vegan, nut, soy, vegan, or just "healthy" boxes. It's $18 a month for the 'snack' box and $25 a month for the signature box.

Here's their allergen statement: Allergen Screening
We follow a rigorous multistep verification process to verify each product and vendor that includes, but is not limited to, vetting of manufacturers to check for allergen free raw materials, manufacturing processes, facility overlaps, supplier analysis, & allergen testing protocols. Our Nut Allergy and Top 8 Allergy TasterieBoxes only use products reported by the manufacturer to be made in nut-free facilities, but these facilities may also process coconut. None of our Nut Allergy and Top 8 Allergy TasterieBoxes contain coconut as a listed ingredient. We want you to feel safe and comfortable, while enjoying delicious new tastes in the comfort of your home, office or on the road. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@tasterie.com.

I'm thinking that it would be worth it to get a little surprise box that you know is safe each month, but I wanted to hear from anyone who has tried it!

*Found on the Udi's facebook page - with a 50% off code for first box: https://sphotos-b.xx...035095181_n.jpg

9 year old daughter diagnosed celiac November / December 2012
Postive endoscopy / biopsy, positive antibody test, positive genetic test

She's been gluten free since diagnosis. I've been gluten free with her since Jan 2013.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LFitts

LFitts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

I just found that Glutenfreely has something similar - http://gfreely.com/

She's been gluten free since diagnosis. I've been gluten free with her since Jan 2013.

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

Haven't tried them.  Are you locked into a certain number you have to purchase? We did a beer of the month club BC (Before Celiac).  It was fun for about 6 months & then we started getting some repeats.  I think it might be a good way to try foods, & if you like them, you could buy more in the future.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

Did you have the surprise box from Univ of Chicago for your daughter?

http://www.curecelia...c/care-packages

Edited by kareng, 24 April 2013 - 06:15 AM.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5 LFitts

LFitts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

Wow! I had no idea about the care packages. I just filled out the contact form. Thanks! :P

On their page, I found out about the annual screenings for at-risk people too. It would be worth the drive to Chicago to get the rest of my family screened, since my insurance won't pay for the screenings! http://www.curecelia...eliac/screening

#6 LFitts

LFitts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

Haven't tried them.  Are you locked into a certain number you have to purchase? We did a beer of the month club BC (Before Celiac).  It was fun for about 6 months & then we started getting some repeats.  I think it might be a good way to try foods, & if you like them, you could buy more in the future.

According to their site, you can cancel by the end of the month to not receive the following month's shipment (and all future shipments). It does not sound like there is a required minimum number of months. The FAQ page also says that you can skip a month if you're traveling. Sounds flexible.

#7 LFitts

LFitts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Ok, I signed us up for the signature box. I'll post a review when we get the first one!

#8 karichelle

karichelle

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

I ordered the gluten-free/vegan signature box. I'm looking forward to receiving it. :)

#9 LFitts

LFitts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

Ok, we got our first Gluten free box from Tasterie yesterday! It's great!

https://fbcdn-sphoto..._10301535_n.jpg

It contained two full-sized Pamela's mixes -- one for brownies and one for oatmeal cookies, a full sized Bob's Red Mill thick cut gluten free rolled oats, Udi's chocolate chip granola bars, and single servings of Chebe pizza crust mix, wild riceworks chips, and Way Better blackbean chips. Definitely worth the cost of the box. We made the oatmeal cookies this morning. The mix calls for one stick of butter and one egg (or their dairy / egg-free equivalents) and it made about 20 good sized cookies. They are soft and delicious!

The Way Better chips taste great and are sprouted grain, non GMO products. I can't wait to try the rest of the items in the box.

First round, definitely worth the $25 (free shipping). Even if we could get these products here (and we can't), we would spend more than that just on the oats, mixes, and bars. Oh, and there were coupons!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: