4 replies to this topic

#1 CommonTater

CommonTater

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

I saw a Crystal Noodles ad in my Simply Gluten Free magazine. I looked up the company and they say they are gluten free. I then started looking for reviews, well i came across this.

http://www.wegmans.c...10052&langId=-1

Warnings

Contains milk, wheat, egg and soy. Manufactured in a facility that also processes milk, egg, peanuts, shellfish and fish products. Do not use microwave oven. Hot handle with care. Do not purchase if open or torn.

:(

and here is another that says it has wheat. http://www.shoprite....z/186190000010/

But on their website each says Gluten free. http://www.crystalno...6mushrooms.html

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,240 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

That is odd if it says it contains wheat. I'm wondering if the gluten-free is a new thing and the ingredient list you got was old? Or did you see a package that said gluten-free and " contains wheat"? You might want to email the company for clarification if you want to eat them. I haven't seen that brand here. My son likes the Dr MacDougals but I'm not a big eater of noodle cups.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,240 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

The Wegmans one says MSG in the ingredients, too. The wheat was in the soy sauce. The website for the company says no MSG on the one I looked at. Maybe Wegmans has old info?

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#4 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

The middle link (ShopRite) is to a different product. If you look carefully, the package is different in the Wegmans view than on the manufacturer's page. My guess is that they have recently changed the formula, and the information at Wegmans is out of date

When there is conflicting information, I believe the package label first, and the maker's web site second. Everything else is second-hand and may be wrong.

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

If the soy sauce has wheat can you just not use it?  I think most of the time the seasoning packets are separate from the noodles?  But you'd need to bring your own seasoning or sauce instead.  Maybe some salad dressing or herbs in plastic baggie would work?

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: