#1 sweettea

sweettea

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hi everyone,

I do not have celiac (according to tests and have been free of GI issues), but decided to go gluten free to see if it helps to alleviate my chronic migraines as well as weird autoimmune skin issues. Anyways, I have been gluten free for three days now and I am wondering if what I am feeling right now if normal when the beginning process of going gluten free or if I am just plain ol' under the weather. I started feeling some mild to moderate stomach pains after eating lunch and breakfast. After lunch I felt like I might need to run to the bathroom but I never did. I started feeling nauseated after work. TMI ALERT: I went to the restroom and part of my BM was floating. I have never had any GI issues like this and am wondering if this is the bodies normal response. ?? Thoughts ??

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

Welcome to the board.

It could be a gluten withdrawal or it could be a stomach bug. After only three days, it could also still be the results of your last "glutenous" meal.  My guess is it's probably withdrawal. There are many who go through a period of feeling worse for a few weeks before we feel better.  I think you'll just have to be patient and wait it out unless symptoms get very bad or unsusal, in which case you might want to check with a doctor.

Best wishes.  I hope you feel better soon.

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 sweettea

sweettea

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Welcome to the board.

It could be a gluten withdrawal or it could be a stomach bug. After only three days, it could also still be the results of your last "glutenous" meal.  My guess is it's probably withdrawal. There are many who go through a period of feeling worse for a few weeks before we feel better.  I think you'll just have to be patient and wait it out unless symptoms get very bad or unsusal, in which case you might want to check with a doctor.

Best wishes.  I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks! I just find it odd since I didn't have gi issues while eating gluten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: