#1 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

http://www.glutenfre...parks-2013.html

I'm putting this in the coping section because Redbridge Beer and Topsy's popcorn at Kaufman ( Royals) Stadium helps me cope with Celiac Disease. Most stadiums have other things you can read labels on that are gluten-free like frozen lemonade, potato chips, candy, ice cream bars, sodas, cotton candy, etc. At our stadium, you have a better chance with the gluten-free hot dogs at the hot dog/ sausage only stands. Same with popcorn. Less chance of cc.

Also, our stadium allows everyone to bring a small amount of food in. The soccer stadium gives me a paper to print out to allow me to bring a sandwich - email disability office and the general manager.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I'm pretty sure the only real sports we do in Utah are soccer and basketball, but it is really cool that it is opening up nationwide for fans to be able to eat when they head out to see their favorite team. Beer and sports? Definitely a coping thing for a lot of people. I may be too nerdy for sports, but I understand that some people are into that sort of thing. I used to do late night Friday beer and pizza Magic the Gathering parties. :ph34r: It's like sports for nerds.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Since I'll  be going to a Mets game this summer, I am happy to see this, K!

The hubs told me he knew there was a gluten-free concession at Citi Field, but it  is good to SEE it in writing somewhere.

When we attended the spring training games in Port St Lucie last month, they had no problem with me bringing in my sammy

and I  purchased bottled water  (yes, $3.50  for water is absurd) and enjoyed my first bag of Cracker Jacks in a million years.. :)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Since I'll  be going to a Mets game this summer, I am happy to see this, K!

The hubs told me he knew there was a gluten-free concession at Citi Field, but it  is good to SEE it in writing somewhere.
When we attended the spring training games in Port St Lucie last month, they had no problem with me bringing in my sammy
and I  purchased bottled water  (yes, $3.50  for water is absurd) and enjoyed my first bag of Cracker Jacks in a million years.. :)

forgot to mention Cracker Jacks!

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#5 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Petco Park here in San Diego has a gluten-free hot dog stand - completely seperate from all other concessions - men heading to the first game of the season on Friday night - son looking forward to seeing if the gluten-free stand has more options this season.

Great thread!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Petco Park here in San Diego has a gluten-free hot dog stand - completely seperate from all other concessions - men heading to the first game of the season on Friday night - son looking forward to seeing if the gluten-free stand has more options this season.
Great thread!

Have the guys give a review here.

dancing-turkey.gif

#7 Kate79

Kate79

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

Thought I'd mention that the United Center in Chicago, where the Bulls and Blackhawks play, has a dedicated gluten free food stand, with Redbridge, hot dogs, nachos and other gluten free snacks.  Never has a long line, either.  Was awesome going to a Blackhawks game and feeling like a normal person with a hot dog and a beer :)

U.S. Cellular Field where the White Sox play sells New Grist beer.  They also have some gluten free food options, but I don't think there's a dedicated stand for gluten free.

#8 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

"HEALTHY FOOD Healthy food alternatives including salads, vegetarian and gluten free entrees are available throughout Petco Park and at the Friar Fit cart located in the Mercado (Section 104)."

Pulled from the A,B,Cs of Petco -- sounds like they have indeed added a bit...will have one of the guys check in this weekend -- they don't come here often -- it's a "my Mom hangs out there" thing :rolleyes:

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: