4 replies to this topic

#1 Ciel121

Ciel121

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

It has occurred to me recently that yes, we all try to avoid getting glutened, but what happens when you do? Can we do anything to make the symptoms more manageable? I get severe migraines mixed with severe nausea and sometimes fever. What does everyone take to feel better?

I read activated charcoal helps absorb toxins. I know my dog was treated with it when she opened our kitchen cabinets and ate chocolate. It is also used in water filters, so it is quite good at absorbing stuff. So I started taking it when I get glutened and it works so well--of course not immedietly, but well. I also take advil. I try to drink detox tea as well and get rest. Extra sleep seems to help. Does anyone have any other remedies?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pretty in paleo

pretty in paleo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

Honestly, I get stomach cramps etc but I just have to tough it out and be more careful. Over the counter digestion aids all have soy and corn and other allergens. and more natural enzymes from the health food store can be 20-30 bucks a bottle. So I drink a lot of water and rest, avoid stress and go to bed early if necessary. Yoga also helps. Some poses increase the blood flow to your abdomen, aiding digestion.

#3 CommonTater

CommonTater

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

It has occurred to me recently that yes, we all try to avoid getting glutened, but what happens when you do? Can we do anything to make the symptoms more manageable? I get severe migraines mixed with severe nausea and sometimes fever. What does everyone take to feel better?

I read activated charcoal helps absorb toxins. I know my dog was treated with it when she opened our kitchen cabinets and ate chocolate. It is also used in water filters, so it is quite good at absorbing stuff. So I started taking it when I get glutened and it works so well--of course not immedietly, but well. I also take advil. I try to drink detox tea as well and get rest. Extra sleep seems to help. Does anyone have any other remedies?

I just ordered these after reading the reviews. They will not enable you to eat gluten foods according to the people who have used it, they are more for people that accidently get a little gluten, like from cross contamination.

http://www.amazon.co...gestive enzymes

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#4 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Here is another one. http://www.amazon.co...gestive enzymes

Read the reviews. :)

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#5 Brandiwine

Brandiwine

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

I've just been glutened! It's my fault for trusting a resturant that obviously didnt know anything about it! It was a Mexican resturant so there was a language barrior too, I stuck with corn chips, guacamole and potato rolled in corn tortilla that I asked to be warmed in the oven and not deep fried to avoid CC. Didnt work my stomach is cramping really bad my stomach is bloating my head is swimmy, this is my first glutening since I went gluten-free. I was supposed to go on a date tonight for the first time in forever! I was finally feeling better and now I've ruined it! Is there anyway to speed this up naturally?

Vegetarian, Gluten Free diet since 03/2013, sensitivity to raw onions, soy, allergic to Cinnamon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: