2 replies to this topic

#1 cdog7

cdog7

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Loryna – a generic form of Yaz – was what I recently got at my new pharmacy when I went to pick up my Yaz (which is gluten-free). It's not listed on the glutenfreedrugs.com site, and I can not find anything online about its gluten-free status. The manufacturer's website leaves a number and email to contact them to find out ingredients of any medicine they make. The number goes to voice mail, so I just emailed them and am waiting to hear back.

But does ANYone here know if it's gluten-free or not? Ugh I hate this wild goose chase they make you go through with every single Rx. Can't take it until I know, might have to try to return it and just HOPE they can replace it with something else (and then probably go through this again, wheee). Any help is so immensely appreciated!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cdog7

cdog7

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Ok the wonderful guy who runs the glutenfreedrugs.com site got back to me before anyone else (including the manufacturer). In case anyone else here ever ends up in this situation, the magic answer is : Corn Starch. They use corn starch, not wheat starch. Also, the company annoyingly refuses to say it's gluten-free just because they don't want to officially guarantee it and be liable for anything. But it has no gluten in it, yay!

#3 Elfunk11

Elfunk11

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Great to know- I too take Loryrna!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: