Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

Good Experience At The Pharmacy

2 posts in this topic

I had a really good experience at the pharmacy today. Before I was using the school pharmacy and they were great. They checked everything for me. Then I went to one pharmacy after I graduated and they didn't seem to understand my questions about gluten. I have had problems with other pharmacies before. But today was awesome. I was picking up a prescription and maybe only have filled 4 or so there. The pharmaciist asked me if the one I was picking up today was the one I needed from a specific company. She wanted to make sure that I diidn't go away with a medication I couldn't take. It wasn't this medication as they always get the same manufacturer with this one. But I was so happy to have them care and ask to make sure I was safe.

Thank you pharmacist! :):lol::D

Glad you had such a good experience. I find that most people are willing to help us figure things out if we ask them nicely.

I do not take any regular daily medications, but when I had surgery last year, I had to take a few briefly (pre- and post).

I cannot tell you how gracious the pharmacists at the local Rite Aid were. I did not make a fuss, I just asked ahead of time on the phone

if they knew if the product information was available so I could read them to look at the ingredients.

Well, those two women had scrutinized those teeny tiny pages of  inserts before I even got there to pick them up, and they had called the company for me and THEN, they called to ask me if everything was okay a day later!. I was deeply touched by

their concern and kindness.

Later, I learned one of them has a father-in-law with celiac. She "gets" it.  :)

The good news is, they told me that the vast majority of companies have moved to using rice and corn starch as binders because they realize the large number of people with wheat allergies and intolerances has risen. A spokeperson for TEVA pharmaceuticals told me the same thing via email.