3 replies to this topic

#1 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

So my hair had been getting really dry, and I decided it was time for a shampoo change.  I went in search of finding gluten free products, and ended up in Target looking around and found Shea Moisture products, which are labeled gluten free.  It's only been a week of use, but my hair is already softer and my scalp is not as dry.  Before spending the money at Target, I went and read reviews first, and then made the purchase.  I bought the moisture retention shea shampoo and conditioner, but they have one for curly hair and several other hair types.  They are on sale BOGO 50% on Walgreens.com this week, but I think today is the last day of that sale.  I would recommend these!

PS-I've always had fine, stick straight hair that never holds curl.  Some peoples hair poofs up in humidity, and mine goes even straighter.  In fact, when I was younger, my Mom took me to get my hair permed at a nice salon, and much to her disappointment, the expensive, supposedly permanent salon perm came out within a few days.  that's when she stopped suggesting I always curl it  :P

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 daisy buchanan

daisy buchanan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

Thank you for the idea. I was looking for a good shampoo and my hair and scalp is very dry, too.

#3 Dozey

Dozey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

I read on another website that gluten can't be absorbed through the skin as the molecules are too large. Is this not right?

#4 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

hi dozey,

it seems to be a personal choice whether to use gluten free hair, skin and makeup products.  I've also read that the molecule is too large to be absorbed through the skin, but especially with hair care, what if some happens to run down your face and get in your mouth, or you don't wash your hands after touching your face with makeup containing gluten and then use your hands to touch food going into your mouth?  I'm trying to cover all my bases, but in the end you've got to make your own choice about using gluten free hair and skin products  :)

I read on another website that gluten can't be absorbed through the skin as the molecules are too large. Is this not right?

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: