2 replies to this topic

#1 MANDOPICKER7

MANDOPICKER7

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

a few years back a docter told me to go gluten free, never had test,i notice some time i can cheat a little and it don't effect me,and then sometime it does.I notice  the last few weeks i been able to cheat a lot, last night i had a small pizza and it bother me a little. i never ate pizza for a long time,until i notice if it had barley wheat flour it never bother me .Trying to figure out what help sometimes,i been taken magnesium lately and tramadol for neck pain maybe, i will have quit takeing them for awhile any see what happens i think my next step will be to drink 16oz of water if i eat something with gluten and see what happens.I never heard of anybody with my problem with the feet and don't get sick any suggestens

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 thleensd

thleensd

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

Why did your doc say to go gluten free?

"doctor, it hurts when I do this!"
"don't do that."
Diagnosed 2/12/09 by biopsy after years of anemia, neuropathy, dizziness, brain fog, pain and more.
Negative blood tests (following gluten light diet)

Still healing with time, harmony, and good food.
Grain-free 1/11/11

Blogging Gluten-Free

#3 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

Can you tell us a bit more so we can try and help?

What reasons did you doctor give for going gluten free? Do you have celiac disease?

Would you like to try totally gluten-free? we can answer questions to help out, and there is lots of information on the forum.

Is it just your feet, or do you have other symptoms?

One foot complaint I had, and several others have mentioned is plantar faciitis, which is pain in the heel, which is often worse 1st thing in the morning. Mine is much better since gluten-free, and I have had a lot less problems with inflammation.

Best wishes

Edited to add, there is something called silent celiac, where you don't experience symptoms, but can still be doing long term damage. If you do have celiac, you need to be gluten-free. Many people have other health issues which benefit from being gluten-free, such as non celiac gluten intolerance.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: