Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Feet Hurt And Twitch When Eating Wheat ,but Not All The Time

3 posts in this topic

a few years back a docter told me to go gluten free, never had test,i notice some time i can cheat a little and it don't effect me,and then sometime it does.I notice  the last few weeks i been able to cheat a lot, last night i had a small pizza and it bother me a little. i never ate pizza for a long time,until i notice if it had barley wheat flour it never bother me .Trying to figure out what help sometimes,i been taken magnesium lately and tramadol for neck pain maybe, i will have quit takeing them for awhile any see what happens i think my next step will be to drink 16oz of water if i eat something with gluten and see what happens.I never heard of anybody with my problem with the feet and don't get sick any suggestens

Ads by Google:

Why did your doc say to go gluten free?

"doctor, it hurts when I do this!"

"don't do that."

Can you tell us a bit more so we can try and help?

What reasons did you doctor give for going gluten free? Do you have celiac disease?

Would you like to try totally gluten-free? we can answer questions to help out, and there is lots of information on the forum.

Is it just your feet, or do you have other symptoms?

One foot complaint I had, and several others have mentioned is plantar faciitis, which is pain in the heel, which is often worse 1st thing in the morning. Mine is much better since gluten-free, and I have had a lot less problems with inflammation.

Best wishes

Edited to add, there is something called silent celiac, where you don't experience symptoms, but can still be doing long term damage. If you do have celiac, you need to be gluten-free. Many people have other health issues which benefit from being gluten-free, such as non celiac gluten intolerance.