21 replies to this topic

#1 Dozey

Dozey

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

Hello everyone. I may not be celiac at all but I hope you don't mind me posting. I have my blood test in the morning, if I can make it to the surgery. Mornings are my worst time, I usually feel quite ill, sick, fatigue, and generally just very unwell. Since being so unwell I have developed agoraphobia and find going out very difficult so it is a double whammy for me. I try to be strong and not give into the passing out sensations and shaking but it is so hard. Does anyone else suffer in this way ? Thank you.

Edited by Dozey, 28 April 2013 - 02:33 AM.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

I was definitely worse in the morning.  I hope you get some answers soon so that you can get better.

#3 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

I always felt like hell all day long and I had anxiety and a bit of agoraphobia f develop when I was quite ill before diagnosis (and I am not  shy or anxious by nature at all ). 

It's entirely possible that you are feeling this way  from malabsorption and vitamin deficiencies. 

These symptoms (including panic attacks) are consistent with celiac/ gluten

intolerance.

The good news is, they disappear off gluten (in everyone I know that experienced this sensation)

Many people on here can attest to this!  :)

Take deep, slow breaths, tell yourself you are safe and calm--- and hold onto someone's arm.

You can do this!

Positive test or not, you may well be better off  dumping the gluten  IMHO.

I wish you all the best.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 Dozey

Dozey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

I was definitely worse in the morning.  I hope you get some answers soon so that you can get better.

Thankyou, it's horrible to feel ill all the time, as I am sure everyone here knows.

#5 Dozey

Dozey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

I always felt like hell all day long and I had anxiety and a bit of agoraphobia myself develop when I was quite ill before diagnosis (and I am not  shy or anxious by nature at all ). 

It's entirely possible that you are feeling this way  from malabsoprtion and vitamin deficiencies.
These symptoms (including panic attacks) are consistent with celiac/ gluten
intolerance.

the good news is, they disappear off gluten (in everyone I know that experienced this sensation)

Take deep, slow breaths, tell yourself you are safe and calm--- and hold onto someone's arm.
You can do this!

Positive test or not, you may well be better off --off gluten  IMHO

Thankyou, you're all so kind and the reassurance is much appreciated. I am not normally shy or anxious either, and blood tests have never bothered me in the past. Well it's not so much the test as getting there, and the waiting. Last time I practically passed out and the staff had to take me in the staff room, and get me seen by a doctor before I couldd have the actual test. Once I was getting it done, there was no problem.

#6 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:45 AM

I can honestly say I had the same peculiar thing happen to me. I even had to stop driving my car. My reflexes were shot and I felt

like a big old nervous nelly. I kept saying to my hubs "what the hell is wrong with me?" I am a very independent person and it felt so crazy to

have to rely on him to take me everywhere. I clung to his arm like a child. Totally weird.

I was so glad to have all that nonsense stop!! :rolleyes: .A few months after DX and off gluten, and I was back to my old self.

You're going to be okay tomorrow.  Hang in there.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#7 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

I use to be as tired in the morning as I was at the end of some of my most grueling days.   I wondered why.  NOw, I do not wonder and I try to beware about gluten, and I am getting better.

#8 Dozey

Dozey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

I can honestly say I had the same peculiar thing happen to me. I even had to stop driving my car. My reflexes were shot and I felt
like a big old nervous nelly. I kept saying to my hubs "what the hell is wrong with me?" I am a very independent person and it felt so crazy to
have to rely on him to take me everywhere. I clung to his arm like a child. Totally weird.

I was so glad to have all that nonsense stop!! :rolleyes: .A few months after DX and off gluten, and I was back to my old self.

You're going to be okay tomorrow.  Hang in there.

I have to my husband with me if I do feel up to going out, and then it's only a few hundred yards. It is crazy I agree. I used to be able to go anywhere on my own, and drive anywhere too. I don't drive now. I also have these strange spacy, not really here feelings which I find quite distressing. Somehow I feel my life is totally upside down.

Jo

#9 Dozey

Dozey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

I use to be as tired in the morning as I was at the end of some of my most grueling days.   I wondered why.  NOw, I do not wonder and I try to beware about gluten, and I am getting better.

I am pleased to hear you are getting better. I look forward to that too.

Jo

#10 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

Some mornings I do, I think it depends on what I ate in the afternoon and dinner.

Amy 

If you're going through hell, keep going!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

#11 Dozey

Dozey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

Some mornings I do, I think it depends on what I ate in the afternoon and dinner.

I try to have a dinner free of gluten if I can but then I spoil it by having a cake or something. I am not trying to go gluten free till I have had the blood test

#12 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

I have to my husband with me if I do feel up to going out, and then it's only a few hundred yards. It is crazy I agree. I used to be able to go anywhere on my own, and drive anywhere too. I don't drive now. I also have these strange spacy, not really here feelings which I find quite distressing. Somehow I feel my life is totally upside down.

Jo

Jo,

I called this ordeal I suffered for nearly 3 years  "my time in gluten head hell". I frequently felt as if I were lost in space. It affected my ability to

articulate, comprehend new information and  multi-task. My short term memory suffered as well.

It is hard to describe, unless you live it. There are many published medical articles that explain the neurological impact of gluten and celiac disease.

I really think this may be your problem.

All of that resolved off gluten. There was a time when 3 nuerologists told me the ataxia, the neuropathy and the parasthesia I suffered would be something I would have to learn to live with and take drugs to control.

They were wrong. I take no medications and I am fine.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#13 Dozey

Dozey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

Jo,
I called this ordeal I suffered for nearly 3 years  "my time in gluten head hell". I frequently felt as if I were lost in space. It affected my ability to
articulate, comprehend new information and  multi-task. My short term memory suffered as well.
It is hard to describe, unless you live it. There are many published medical articles that explain the neurological impact of gluten and celiac disease.
I really think this may be your problem.

All of that resolved off gluten. There was a time when 3 nuerologists told me the ataxia, the neuropathy and the parasthesia I suffered would be something I would have to learn to live with and take drugs to control.

They were wrong. I take no medications and I am fine.

I do hope this is the problem as it means I can get out of it. I just feel sort of unreal, if you know what I mean. As you say it is difficult to describe if you haven't been there. And I expect everyone would describe it differently. I don't want to take drugs so you have given me hope. Thank you. I was told by one doctor that I was severley depressed and wouldn't get better without anti depressants which I definitely don't want. I knew I wasn't suffering depression but it is really hard to get doctors to see anything else.

#14 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

This is the same path so many of us on here have walked. Doctors symptom- treat rather than get to the cause of the symptoms.

The more you tell me, the more you sound like the rest of us.

http://www.livingwit..._qa-1020-1.html

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#15 Dozey

Dozey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

This is the same path so many of us on here have walked. Doctors symptom- treat rather than get to the cause of the symptoms.
The more you tell me, the more you sound like the rest of us.

http://www.livingwit..._qa-1020-1.html

I am so pleased to have found you all, you have given me hope. Even if I don't test positive for celiac I will try going gluten free and see if that helps. Thank you all so much for your support.
Jo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: