12 replies to this topic

#1 Dozey

Dozey

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

Hope no one minds the constant questions. But do thes sound like symptoms too?
Ringing in head/ears
Feeling faint even when resting
Burning itching feet
Disturbed sleep/ disturbing dreams
Strange blurry vision, almost like being underwater.
Trembling in limbs and some times whole body shaking
Typing words wrong way round
Feeling exhausted by conversation
Dry mouth/ sticky nasty taste in mouth
Thank you
Jo

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

Hi Jo

Well, they sound like gluten-related symptoms to me. (I had almost all of those, too) but they could also be

caused by something else, so it is difficult to say for sure.

Here is a list of possible celiac- related symptoms and conditions.

http://www.curecelia...SymptomList.pdf

I know you are awaiting your test results, so you may wish to read a little bit while waiting.

Hang in there!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 Dozey

Dozey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

Hi Jo

Well, they sound like gluten-related symptoms to me. (I had almost all of those, too) but they could also be

caused by something else, so it is difficult to say for sure.

Here is a list of possible celiac- related symptoms and conditions.

http://www.curecelia...SymptomList.pdf

I know you are awaiting your test results, so you may wish to read a little bit while waiting.
Hang in there!

Hi IrishHeart
I know they are also symptoms of b12 def which I have, but I am clutching at straws here ☺. I am also being tested for vit D def and I don't know what else as the nurse said the doctor had asked for several tests. She said he is very thorough so I am hopeful of some answers this time. Sounds crazy but In a way hope it is Celiac, then at least I will know something.
Jo

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

Not crazy at all! I was THRILLED to learn it was celiac after years of living in hell. It was something treatable

and I was not "making things up" and I got to do the "I told ya so" dance! :D .

Believe me, many of us "get that part". 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Yep... the "I told you so dance". Did you notice Irishheart even has it in her signature?  LOL

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

The "I told you so dance" is nice -- validation is huge and sadly many of us had to fight far too much to obtain it.  This above all else is why I hang around celiac.com -- when I stumbled in four years ago -- others that were already dancing helped me.

Welcome Jo!

I hadn't seen your other questions...but keep reading and keep asking questions.  Good Luck with your results :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#7 Dozey

Dozey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

Thankyou IrishHeart, Lisa and Nicole. This is a lovely forum and I have found some welcome comfort here. And even if I am not Celiac I hope I can still keep visiting. Yes I had noticed that happy little dancer!
Jo

#8 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

hey guys, Jo is in the midst of a gluten challenge, so we are cheering her on!

http://www.celiac.co...zey#entry865664

and yes, I am dancing because at one point, I could not even walk without assistance. Lisa was in the same boat, Jo and she and I

are both so much better!

..........so do not despair. Healing happens!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#9 Dozey

Dozey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

Thanks Irish Heart. I can't walk very far which of course isn't helping the agoraphobia. My husband insisted on getting a wheelchair and although it just doesn't feel right being in it, it does mean I can get a bit further without worrying about ending up on the floor. So, when I feel well enough I try to go a bit further each outing. If I do too much I pay for it the next day, so I am trying to pace it.
I had my blood test yesterday but typical for me can't get to see my new doc until next Friday. I am dreading him saying I need an endoscopy because there is no way at the moment. I nearly passed out at the surgery and that's only two miles away. The hospital is 23 miles. An epic journey for an agoraphobic!
Jo

#10 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

But for you to get to the bottom of this and stop the madness and get your life back, you may well have to do this, Jo.

I am not a drug pusher, but maybe you can ask the primary care doc for a small dose of xanax to calm you enough to get you to doctor visits. IMHO

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#11 Dozey

Dozey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

But for you to get to the bottom of this and stop the madness and get your life back, you may well have to do this, Jo.

I am not a drug pusher, but maybe you can ask the primary care doc for a small dose of xanax to calm you enough to get you to doctor visits. IMHO

I know this sounds as though I am being negative about everything but I can't take drugs. Even ordinary painkillers have an effect on me. I was given Diazepam some years ago and it just knocked me out for a few hours, then I felt worse when I woke up. So now I am afraid of taking drugs of any kind.
Jo

#12 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:24 AM

I have similar issues with drugs, which is why I put up with chronic pain rather than take the stuff they give me,

so no need to explain. The one that did not make me yucky for days was when I took just  a teensy bit of xanax

before a dental surgery that was going to last over an hour. Without it, I may have balked at doing it and it had to be done..

I am just suggesting it as a therapeutic measure to get you out of the house.

Certainly, you should always do what's best for you. 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#13 Dozey

Dozey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

I have similar issues with drugs, which is why I put up with chronic pain rather than take the stuff they give me,
so no need to explain. The one that did not make me yucky for days was when I took just  a teensy bit of xanax
before a dental surgery that was going to last over an hour. Without it, I may have balked at doing it and it had to be done..

I am just suggesting it as a therapeutic measure to get you out of the house.
Certainly, you should always do what's best for you.

I appreciate that. Maybe it's going back to the car crash we had in 2004, although I recovered from that and have driven myself about since, even did a stint as a taxi driver. Lately I just have difficulty going anywhere in the vehicle. I don't think we wil crash or anything but maybe it's just general anxiety.
Jo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: