3 replies to this topic

#1 tigerlily6200

tigerlily6200

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

I recently had a positive celiac panel test and have been gluten free for 45 days.  I also have hypothyroid disease and had a positive ANA 1:320 speckled.  The Rheum. at Wake Forest was unimpressed with that number and me not having any joint pain but rather inflammation and tendonitis which is believed to be caused by celiac.  My recovery process has been slow but is improving, however I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced or is experiencing whole body stiffness.  I am stiff the entire day.  I know thyroid issues can cause stiffness and I also know I am deficient in Vit D, Magnesium, Vit B and maybe more. 

Sometimes I think I'm crazy, I am doing therapeutic massage and she said my entire body was tight and I had muscle knots everywhere.  She used trigger points and it helped but here I am again this morning stiff.

Ugh.  I have three small children and it kills me to not be the way I used to be. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Dozey

Dozey

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

I recently had a positive celiac panel test and have been gluten free for 45 days.  I also have hypothyroid disease and had a positive ANA 1:320 speckled.  The Rheum. at Wake Forest was unimpressed with that number and me not having any joint pain but rather inflammation and tendonitis which is believed to be caused by celiac.  My recovery process has been slow but is improving, however I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced or is experiencing whole body stiffness.  I am stiff the entire day.  I know thyroid issues can cause stiffness and I also know I am deficient in Vit D, Magnesium, Vit B and maybe more. 

Sometimes I think I'm crazy, I am doing therapeutic massage and she said my entire body was tight and I had muscle knots everywhere.  She used trigger points and it helped but here I am again this morning stiff.

Ugh.  I have three small children and it kills me to not be the way I used to be.

Hi Tigerlilley
I have a lot of stiffness especially after sitting for any time, I am also quite tense and often have my shoulders up around my ears, and my teeth clenched. I am not diagnosed with Celiac but have had the bloods done this morning. I have hypothyroidism and b12 deficiency. Also getting tested for vit D def. hope things improve for you soon.
Jo

#3 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

I have this too.  It helps to get out and walk.  I thought that I had Lupus or RA is was/is so bad sometimes.  It's all just part of celiac. You will be ok.....it takes so much time to heal from this.

#4 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

Celiac and nutritional deficiencies do play a big role, in my experience. However, don't underestimate hypothyroidism's role.

In short, despite being on t3/t4 meds for years and receiving some relief in symptoms - I was not getting adequate absorption. This leads to suboptimal levels if t3/t4, too much rt3, stressed adrenals (I also have steroid damage), and hormone imbalances.

So, I'd look into adrenal and thyroid, and probably hormones more to help relieve those symptoms faster. It's very hard to separate celiac and thyroid. Time helps. I'd advise assuming they're causing as much trouble as Celiac and just start working on them.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: