This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Read This If You Could Use A Chuckle :)

NotMollyRingwald

GottaSki Mentor

Adalaide - Ouch! Darn doors....

After dinner today I was telling my 5 year old to "Put on your socks!" as he was heading out the door to find a toy he left on the snowy and wet law. He is holding up his foot and showing me his stocking foot and I'm yelling to "Put on your socks!"  Finally my hubby started yelling down the stars: "Shoes! She means shoes!"

I just started smacking my head on the table. :blink:

winner...yep did this one too...laughing OUT LOUD ....giggle, giggle, shoes :)

ps...so when we were in the snow for the weekends we regularly had extra kids...i'd go thru all of their names plus my cat and dog -- ya we dragged them along...then went thru socks, shoes, boots, ski boots, etc....by they time i'd spit out what i meant they were long gone with a wave and a ya...i know mom .... wink

pss...they always remembered that we cared to yell after them...............

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shadowicewolf Proficient

Mine is due to my head cold but today so far:

I somehow went out without brushing my hair. I realized it when i went to wash my hands in the public bathroom after i blew my nose. Luckily, my hair is short enough it doesn't tangle. :lol: But i stood there for a good couple of minutes before i realized what happened.

I also forgot to stash one of my water  bottles in my bag. Another thing i never forget to do.

Yeah... and then there was the incident last night. I thought i was all done with my homework and i was excited to go to bed early.... only to realize i did the chapter that is due next week instead of today. <_<

gatita Enthusiast

I know...most moms go thru every child's name, the pets' names and the next door neighbor kids names before getting the right kid! We just like to blame it on Celiac rather than old age or drinking! :)

Hah... and here I thought brain fog was the ONLY celiac symptom I DON'T have. But when I read this post, I realized I've always qualified! I just always used the term "space cadet" instead.

At least now I don't have to blame it on old age and drinking....

Oh and for the record, I've locked my keys in the car three times in the last two months :(

nvsmom Community Regular

Hah... and here I thought brain fog was the ONLY celiac symptom I DON'T have. But when I read this post, I realized I've always qualified! I just always used the term "space cadet" instead.

Me too!!!! I could not figure out what people meant by brain fog (maybe i was too foggy?) and i figured it didn't apply to me. These past few month i've realized how often I mess up words or forget why I've gone upstairs or didn't buy the main item I went shopping for. It really is a bit disturbing. I used to be pretty sharp with a great memory - I could remember where on a page a great line in a book was but now... not so much!  lol :rolleyes:

VeggieGal Contributor

Me too!!!! I could not figure out what people meant by brain fog (maybe i was too foggy?) and i figured it didn't apply to me. These past few month i've realized how often I mess up words or forget why I've gone upstairs or didn't buy the main item I went shopping for. It really is a bit disturbing. I used to be pretty sharp with a great memory - I could remember where on a page a great line in a book was but now... not so much! lol :rolleyes:

Lol nvsmom...ohh youre totally describing me! and one of my worst faults is getting lost, specifically in my own village I should easily know. And on one occassion about 10 yrs ago, I was driving from Sheffield to Filey and ended up near London...for those not from the Uk, the travel time should've took an hour and a half but instead it took closer to 7 hrs ! :( (my family still won't shut up about it!) I never admit to it but I feel comfortable on here hehe :)

IrishHeart Veteran

"space cadet" 

At least now I don't have to blame it on old age and drinking....

I called it "gluten head hell "  PLUS, I blame both of those, too..and celiac.

I  told ya, I blame celiac for everything.  It's the ultimate scapegoat. :D

Forget to do something? "Oh sorry, honey, gluten head."

Didn't screw the top on the coffee mug quite well enough this morning. Set it down to tie my shoes, went to lift it by the top....it went all over the family room floor I had just washed yesterday and..then trickled down the top stair....drip drip drip....arrgh!

Any of you hear that blue streak I cussed?........ because it was a  &^%$# doozy.

Hubs says "what happened?"

me: Celiac made me spill my coffee. (like it's a person)

Hubs: You know, it's been 2.5 years. Your brain works fine now and you don't have memory problems. You can't keep using that for an excuse..

Me: Using what?

GottaSki Mentor

So......no frogs in attendance last night....but there was a bit of wine that led to my left index finger being sliced open but good while slicing a fresh loaf of bread...was fairly good sized chunk of skin so of course in the - oh s$#& mode - i flipped the knife off the cutting board and sliced a smaller piece of skin off my toe -- doh!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

So......no frogs in attendance last night....but there was a bit of wine that led to my left index finger being sliced open but good while slicing a fresh loaf of bread...was fairly good sized chunk of skin so of course in the - oh s$#& mode - i flipped the knife off the cutting board and sliced a smaller piece of skin off my toe -- doh!!

thus proving you should never wine and drive a knife.

geez Ski, you did a double Doh! congrats, girl.

GottaSki Mentor

thus proving you should never wine and drive a knife.

geez Ski, you did a double Doh! congrats, girl.

Yet still a very fun night! :)

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

I can't remember to take my meds - thyroid and supplaments. I set alarms on my phone and on my way to take them get distracted.....

Gotta improve because I just started t3 and my body gets really unhappy if I'm not on schedule.

Which reminds me, I'm about 3 hours late....

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

I called it "gluten head hell " PLUS, I blame both of those, too..and celiac.

I told ya, I blame celiac for everything. It's the ultimate scapegoat. :D

Forget to do something? "Oh sorry, honey, gluten head."

Didn't screw the top on the coffee mug quite well enough this morning. Set it down to tie my shoes, went to lift it by the top....it went all over the family room floor I had just washed yesterday and..then trickled down the top stair....drip drip drip....arrgh!

Any of you hear that blue streak I cussed?........ because it was a &^%$# doozy.

Hubs says "what happened?"

me: Celiac made me spill my coffee. (like it's a person)

Hubs: You know, it's been 2.5 years. Your brain works fine now and you don't have memory problems. You can't keep using that for an excuse..

Me: Using what?

Yep!

Brandiwine Contributor

Adalaide - Ouch! Darn doors....

After dinner today I was telling my 5 year old to "Put on your socks!" as he was heading out the door to find a toy he left on the snowy and wet law. He is holding up his foot and showing me his stocking foot and I'm yelling to "Put on your socks!" Finally my hubby started yelling down the stars: "Shoes! She means shoes!"

I just started smacking my head on the table. :blink:

Oh my goodness thank you!!!! I'm laughing in tears here!!!! I do similar things with my children, poor things their getting the hang of it though!!! Lol

IrishHeart Veteran

Yet still a very fun night! :)

light dawns and.........I know what you did. (whoohoo!)

Yep!

hahaha  see, you get me, I know you do, Prickly.

Adalaide Mentor

I have come close to losing part of a toe many many times. Still, I never wear shoes in the kitchen. Impressive feat to manage to lose part of two digits in one night!

nvsmom Community Regular

A double 'doh'..... Does that make you a "dodo" then? Lol ;)

NotMollyRingwald Apprentice

You all are cracking me up!! :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Was reminded of a few other "lucy ricardo" moments even while sitting.

I fell down a flight of stairs while carrying a laundry basket full of clothes in my parents' house. Caught my foot on the stair rug (we assume) and did a split like a cheerleader. Don't know how I did not split myself in two like a wishbone. Broke bones in my foot, banged up everything I own  and injured an area that no one should injure. (if you get my drift)   My Dad felt so bad, he ripped the carpet right out. 

When I still has major parasthesia from celiac, I was sitting in my chair, got up and before I realized my legs were still prickly and numb, (cause that was all the time really) I took a step, my ankle buckled underneath me and I heard Crack ,Crack, Crack. I swear, I saw stars and flying birdies and nearly passed out. The hubs was at golf and I could not get up off the floor for about an hour. That ankle took 5 months to heal properly. Torn ligaments and tissue damage. Doc said he wished I had just  broken it "like everyone else does" as it would have been easier to just set it.

And a classic gluten head moment (right after Dx and still "froggy")--

Put on some olive oil and garlic to saute for dinner, walked in the other room to ask the hubs a quick question and completely forgot about it.

Ever smell burned garlic and olive oil? yuck.............and the pan, well, let's just say it was given a proper funeral. :lol: 

NotMollyRingwald Apprentice

Oh my gosh Irish!! Those injuries sounds terrible!! I have killed at least 3 frying pans with oil, takes FOREVER to get that smell out! I'm so lucky that I didn't burn the house down. Eek.

I was a full on gluten head yesterday. Nothing I said made any sense!! Then at home last night I spaced off during a conversation with the hubs... He laughed at me and told me to get it together! I went to playful smack him, missed, and end up losing my balance and banging my hip into the counter. Good grief! X-)

Adalaide Mentor

Oh my gosh Irish!! Those injuries sounds terrible!! I have killed at least 3 frying pans with oil, takes FOREVER to get that smell out! I'm so lucky that I didn't burn the house down. Eek.

I was a full on gluten head yesterday. Nothing I said made any sense!! Then at home last night I spaced off during a conversation with the hubs... He laughed at me and told me to get it together! I went to playful smack him, missed, and end up losing my balance and banging my hip into the counter. Good grief! X-)

Bahaha! That sounds about par for the course in this house. :lol:

Many many years ago I worked in a small local hotel at the front desk. I worked the occasional night shift which I rather liked. All was quiet by about midnight and I could do my rounds of the hotel and read a book. Then the bar closed at 2, after which I would mop and lock up. Then, until I had to go unlock doors at 5 in the morning I was free to do whatever I wanted which included napping in their incredibly comfortable chairs in the lobby. The owner of the hotel also owned a nightclub down the street and on Friday and Saturday nights the bouncer would come up, knock on the window and I would get the cash back from him. One night he comes and knocks gently on the front window, I wake from my little catnap and pop right out of that chair to let him in. Well, I fail to notice I had tucked my foot under me and it was completely dead asleep. I almost fell into the front window! I ended up on crutches for weeks.

GottaSki Mentor

Oh I am totally a "dodo" bird when glutened or legumed or a dozen other -ed's.

Not Molly -- I have done this too -- so many times -- the clutsy thing runs strong in me and my kids...funny thing is we are all much more coordinated since removing gluten -- imagine that ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

In the meantime, some padded gear may be necessary.  :lol:

hockey-goal-net-smiley-emoticon.gif

GottaSki Mentor

In the meantime, some padded gear may be necessary.  :lol:

hockey-goal-net-smiley-emoticon.gif

oh -- now there is a visual...all of us clutsies throwing on ice skates and grabbing sticks...IH already grabbed one set of protective gear...I dibs the other goal!!!!

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

When I first went gluten free, I gained 15 pounds in the first month-I

have stretch marks from it. But it was ALL in the hips, my butt like,

exploded. So for almost a year after that I kept ramming into things

with my hips because they were bigger than I was used to! I mean,

the first 15 came quickly, but I continued to gain weight that year, and

it was mostly in the hipp-al area. Constant bruises, it was pretty funny

honestly.

I still do stuff like misjudge the swing of the door on the car I've had

for FIVE YEARS and crack my head or my arm or some unusual part

of my anatomy..... I'm an expert faller, I've never broken anything from

falling down and I most CERTAINLY should have..... :ph34r:

GottaSki Mentor

Expert Fallers Are Us :)

Adalaide Mentor

You know, I've never actually broken anything from falling either. I don't think jumping off a swingset when I was like 7 or 8 counts. And I don't mean swinging high and jumping off a swing. I climbed the set onto the top metal pole and jumped off. It was in the yard and my mom yelled at me constantly that if I didn't knock it off I was going to break something. Eventually I did. :ph34r: I hobbled into the house, ate dinner and went to bed walking as well as I could and saying I didn't feel well. I didn't want to tell my mom I hurt myself and get in trouble. FYI, going to bed with a broken foot and ankle means you can't get a cast because it will be too swollen in the morning.

It isn't all clumsiness. Sometimes it is plain stupidity. :lol:

Archived