Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Read This If You Could Use A Chuckle :)

105 posts in this topic

It isn't all clumsiness. Sometimes it is plain stupidity. :lol:

I prefer to think of it as "wisdom challenged".

Ads by Google:

I've totally walked straight into a glass door at a shoe store. It was open when I went in! My friends didn't let me live that one down for a while, and damn my head hurt!

When brain-foggy, I'll often think I've done things I haven't, or assume I haven't and do it again. I do a lot of walking into the kitchen instead of the copy room here at the office (next to each other) to, you know, get my printing from the fridge.

Lately I keep putting my clothes into the washing machine, walk away while its filling up, and come back an hour late to discover I forgot to put the lid down! argh!

But yes, definitely less brain-fog idiocy when not glutened. The rest is just natural.

YO! NotMolly AMY!

How are you doing hon?? Still okay?

I've totally walked straight into a glass door at a shoe store. It was open when I went in! My friends didn't let me live that one down for a while, and damn my head hurt!

When brain-foggy, I'll often think I've done things I haven't, or assume I haven't and do it again. I do a lot of walking into the kitchen instead of the copy room here at the office (next to each other) to, you know, get my printing from the fridge.

Lately I keep putting my clothes into the washing machine, walk away while its filling up, and come back an hour late to discover I forgot to put the lid down! argh!

But yes, definitely less brain-fog idiocy when not glutened. The rest is just natural.

Hahaha Keeping the copies in the fridge should be standard practice. That way I could always find them!  ;)  I feel you on the washing machine, I just ran an entire cycle WITHOUT the clothes in there. FACE.PALM.

YO! NotMolly AMY!

How are you doing hon?? Still okay?

Hey Irish!  Yeah, I'm still ok. Physically, if not mentally. HA!  Hanging in there and counting down the hours.  :wacko:  

Hey. At least your washing machine is clean! :lol:

A clean washing machine is a good washing machine. I have never done that one, but I have put the wet clothes in the dryer

and then, failed to start it. DUH!

well, Amy if nothing else, you are convinced of the reality of gluten head and no matter what your test results say,

I think you know what needs to be done.

now, if you will excuse me, I have to go check to make sure I actually put the food in the slow cooker this morning before turning it on and walking away. :mellow:  :D

as i am smugly thinking:

*i* don't have gluten-head anymore...  i read my shopping list and it says:

bandaids

bandaids 

lolz i think that's just natural, no gluten involved.  i do keep in shape by regularly running up the stairs to forget what i went up there for.  i remember when i get back down, so there's always 2 trips involved :)  who needs 'insanity'?  when you have *senility* hahahaaa

This morning I straight shot myself in the face, eyes wide open with Aqua d'Gio cologne.  Brutal.  I also went all "Rick Perry" on a coworker...  I was making three points about the question at hand...  After the second point there was a long pause and then I said...  "Well, I forgot the third one...  Oops..."

Maybe Rick Perry has celiac. No wheat, barley, or... ummmm... emmm? What's that next one?

Maybe Rick Perry has celiac. No wheat, barley, or... ummmm... emmm? What's that next one?

I know this one. Beer!

:lol:  :lol:

This morning getting ready to take the kiddos to school, I put my pants on over the shorts I slept in not realizing what I was doing until I catch myself tucking the shorts in because "something didn't feel right!" Looked over my sweater three times hanging on the coat rack (who would find it there?!) I mean I looked on the rack three times! How did I miss it? Sometimes I feel like I'm on the Truman Show, I start looking for hidden cameras! It's gonna be ona dos dayz....

This morning getting ready to take the kiddos to school, I put my pants on over the shorts I slept in not realizing what I was doing until I catch myself tucking the shorts in because "something didn't feel right!" Looked over my sweater three times hanging on the coat rack (who would find it there?!) I mean I looked on the rack three times! How did I miss it? Sometimes I feel like I'm on the Truman Show, I start looking for hidden cameras! It's gonna be ona dos dayz....

Too funny! I guess two layers is better than going out WITHOUT pants though! ;)

I can add another: Came home from work to find paper towels in the fridge and milk on the counter.

I can add another: Came home from work to find paper towels in the fridge and milk on the counter.

Once found an empty can of peas in the dish washer. I blamed the cat.

Oh boy...this was me....we lost more than one carton of ice cream because I put the IC in the frig and the milk in the freeze -- thankfully the milk always defrosted ;)

edited to add...don't post before you actually start the coffee maker...did I put three or four scoops in -- how much water do I need?

Edited by GottaSki

edited to add...don't post before you actually start the coffee maker...did I put three or four scoops in -- how much water do I need?

C'mon now, let's  all chant the celiac motto, everybody:

I promise to perform only one task at a time, one task at a time, one task at a time........ :lol:

To all the newbies: It does get better, I promise. I can multi-task again. like a champ!

Just ask the cat how she liked her nail clipping experience while

I made bread, vaccumed and cleaned the bathroom yesterday.

Worked out fine! Bread caved, never got to the vacuuming and the cat thoroughly enjoyed her dunk in the tub.  

As did I.

....and those scratches on my arms should heal in a few days. 

C'mon now, let's  all chant the celiac motto, everybody:

I promise to perform only one task at a time, one task at a time, one task at a time........ :lol:

To all the newbies: It does get better, I promise. I can multi-task again. like a champ!

Just ask the cat how she liked her nail clipping experience while

I made bread, vaccumed and cleaned the bathroom yesterday.

Worked out fine! Bread caved, never got to the vacuuming and the cat thoroughly enjoyed her dunk in the tub.  

As did I.

....and those scratches on my arms should heal in a few days. 

I thought about bathing the cat but many people talked me out of it - a cat rescue lady, several vet techs, the 2 people at the boutique pet treat store...They all said to get a furminator.  Gracie loves it!  She was purring!  Then Cooper decided he wanted to be "raked" too.  He loved it!

A lot of my brain fog went away when I was no longer extremely anemic. 

We  blame stuff on the neighbor or his dog.  The things those 2 have done!

I thought about bathing the cat but many people talked me out of it - a cat rescue lady, several vet techs, the 2 people at the boutique pet treat store...They all said to get a furminator.  Gracie loves it!  She was purring!  Then Cooper decided he wanted to be "raked" too.  He loved it!

A lot of my brain fog went away when I was no longer extremely anemic. 

We  blame stuff on the neighbor or his dog.  The things those 2 have done!

no, the" tub dunk" was not planned, K---I would never bathe a cat intentionally :blink: --I don't have a death wish! LOL

I was clipping her nails, the tub was soaking for a cleaning, and she wanted to see what was in the tub......and, well,.it got all crazy for a second.

:lol:  She loves to be brushed.

I agree--the anemia clears up, the brain fog goes. yaay!

How to bathe the cat without getting hurt:

that was hilarious.....thanks for the giggle :D

How to bathe the cat without getting hurt:

This was hilarious thanks for sharing :)

hahaha! too funny, Addy.

This is my new fave video. I am a sucker for "talking dogs". 

@Pegleg84 and Adalaide--Nicely done you two!