104 replies to this topic

#16 howlnmad

howlnmad

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

I got news for all of you. You don't have to have celiac to do some of these things. Just ask my wife, she'll rat me out.:-x

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 kareng

kareng

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,653 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

I got news for all of you. You don't have to have celiac to do some of these things. Just ask my wife, she'll rat me out.:-x

I know...most moms go thru every child's name, the pets' names and the next door neighbor kids names before getting the right kid! We just like to blame it on Celiac rather than old age or drinking! :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#18 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

I am, however, under a life-time ban from using hedge trimmers and the mandoline in the kitchen.  :ph34r:  spoil sport hubs took 'em away.

I mean, why?....what's a few sliced electrical cords and the tip of my finger? It grew back.

Irish - This gives me hope.  :rolleyes:

I am, however, under a life-time ban from using hedge trimmers and the mandoline in the kitchen.  :ph34r:  spoil sport hubs took 'em away.

I mean, why?....what's a few sliced electrical cords and the tip of my finger? It grew back.

Yeah, that seems a little over protective, doesn't it?!?!  :P  HAHAHA

I still have a knot on my head from smacking myself with my car door!

Brandiwine, I did this today. True story!!

You all are cracking me up with your stories. :lol:  Makes me feel more "normal" too!! B)  LOL

Amy 

If you're going through hell, keep going!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

#19 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

I know...most moms go thru every child's name, the pets' names and the next door neighbor kids names before getting the right kid! We just like to blame it on Celiac rather than old age or drinking!  :)

LOL!  I don't even have old age to blame yet!!  ;)

Amy 

If you're going through hell, keep going!

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

#20 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,653 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

LOL! I don't even have old age to blame yet!! ;)

Blame it on the damage your pregnancies/ births did. Or your hub. I never had grey hair until I married my hub! I did have a little before I had kids, so I blame it on hub.

Tripping, etc can be blamed on the dog or cat. They scoot away so quickly.... Don't have a pet? The blasted neighborhood dog ran in the door!

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#21 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

:D  :lol:  :P  B)  :o  ;)  :rolleyes:  :lol:  :D  :D  :D  :D

yep...I have lived every one of these and so much more...one funtastic thread...so here is the deal....I am healthier and stronger than ever, but long days still kick me in the ass...sooooo.....i will have to stop and think of all my frogginess -- my kids will provide much more good fodder...thank you all for reminding me how far I have come....

and yes you can too!!!!

many froggy moments to follow......

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#22 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,373 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

Klutzy is contagious. Hubs took off a bit of skin with the mandoline once, too, truth be told. That thing has been benched, :unsure: 

I just blame celiac for everything. Easier than admitting my boo boos .

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#23 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,272 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

My Grammy spent her entire life extremely healthy until she had lyme a few years ago. She still managed to always call me by one of her two daughters' names when I was little. One because I looked like her and the other because I acted like her. I managed to call my girls by the wrong name on occasion also.

Today we brought some groceries home and while we usually take my Jeep everywhere, lately I have been allowing my husband to drive his car since it is cheaper on gas. This means groceries in a real trunk. Well I managed to bend in to grab a bag and whack my head right off the trunk. Later I was getting something out of the car and whacked the back of my head leaning up out of the car.

My husband also frequently catches me giving door frames dirty looks. He always asks me what happened. The doorway walked into me. Obviously. <_<

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#24 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Adalaide - Ouch! Darn doors....

After dinner today I was telling my 5 year old to "Put on your socks!" as he was heading out the door to find a toy he left on the snowy and wet law. He is holding up his foot and showing me his stocking foot and I'm yelling to "Put on your socks!"  Finally my hubby started yelling down the stars: "Shoes! She means shoes!"

I just started smacking my head on the table. :blink:

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#25 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

Laughter does good like a medicine:

We have an electric opener for the rear doors of our van.  One day I went somewhere by myself.  I stood by the front door of the van punching the button over and over.  Another day, I took our other car.  Right you are, I stood outside the door pressing the button waiting for the doors to open.  Finally, my son said this car doesn't work, Mom.  The next time we took that car, my son ran out and opened the door before I arrived.  The moral of this story is, always take the kids.  They will cover for you!

#26 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Adalaide - Ouch! Darn doors....

After dinner today I was telling my 5 year old to "Put on your socks!" as he was heading out the door to find a toy he left on the snowy and wet law. He is holding up his foot and showing me his stocking foot and I'm yelling to "Put on your socks!"  Finally my hubby started yelling down the stars: "Shoes! She means shoes!"

I just started smacking my head on the table. :blink:

winner...yep did this one too...laughing OUT LOUD ....giggle, giggle, shoes :)

ps...so when we were in the snow for the weekends we regularly had extra kids...i'd go thru all of their names plus my cat and dog -- ya we dragged them along...then went thru socks, shoes, boots, ski boots, etc....by they time i'd spit out what i meant they were long gone with a wave and a ya...i know mom .... wink

pss...they always remembered that we cared to yell after them...............

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#27 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Mine is due to my head cold but today so far:

I somehow went out without brushing my hair. I realized it when i went to wash my hands in the public bathroom after i blew my nose. Luckily, my hair is short enough it doesn't tangle. :lol: But i stood there for a good couple of minutes before i realized what happened.

I also forgot to stash one of my water  bottles in my bag. Another thing i never forget to do.

Yeah... and then there was the incident last night. I thought i was all done with my homework and i was excited to go to bed early.... only to realize i did the chapter that is due next week instead of today. <_<

#28 gatita

gatita

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

I know...most moms go thru every child's name, the pets' names and the next door neighbor kids names before getting the right kid! We just like to blame it on Celiac rather than old age or drinking! :)

Hah... and here I thought brain fog was the ONLY celiac symptom I DON'T have. But when I read this post, I realized I've always qualified! I just always used the term "space cadet" instead.

At least now I don't have to blame it on old age and drinking....

Oh and for the record, I've locked my keys in the car three times in the last two months :(

Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13

#29 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

Hah... and here I thought brain fog was the ONLY celiac symptom I DON'T have. But when I read this post, I realized I've always qualified! I just always used the term "space cadet" instead.

Me too!!!! I could not figure out what people meant by brain fog (maybe i was too foggy?) and i figured it didn't apply to me. These past few month i've realized how often I mess up words or forget why I've gone upstairs or didn't buy the main item I went shopping for. It really is a bit disturbing. I used to be pretty sharp with a great memory - I could remember where on a page a great line in a book was but now... not so much!  lol :rolleyes:

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

#30 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

Me too!!!! I could not figure out what people meant by brain fog (maybe i was too foggy?) and i figured it didn't apply to me. These past few month i've realized how often I mess up words or forget why I've gone upstairs or didn't buy the main item I went shopping for. It really is a bit disturbing. I used to be pretty sharp with a great memory - I could remember where on a page a great line in a book was but now... not so much! lol :rolleyes:

Lol nvsmom...ohh youre totally describing me! and one of my worst faults is getting lost, specifically in my own village I should easily know. And on one occassion about 10 yrs ago, I was driving from Sheffield to Filey and ended up near London...for those not from the Uk, the travel time should've took an hour and a half but instead it took closer to 7 hrs ! :( (my family still won't shut up about it!) I never admit to it but I feel comfortable on here hehe :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: