Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Stop & Shop Juice

3 posts in this topic

I wrote to Stop & Shop awhile back to double-check on their store-brand juices, because Hooray for being paranoid about gluten being places it has no sane reason to be!

Anyway, replies are as follows, in case it helps anyone else:

Reply #1:

My name is Tyler Zook, the Technical Services Administrator for Clement Pappas & Co., the manufacturers of Stop & Shop juices. I am writing in response to your inquiry about gluten in our juices. We cannot make any official claims that our products are gluten free, as there is currently no FDA regulation stating what exactly constitutes gluten free and we do not specifically test for gluten levels in our products. That being said, we do not manufacture any product with or around any sources of gluten and believe all our products to be gluten free. If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to reply to this email, or call me at the number below.

TYLER ZOOK | Technical Services Administrator | Clement Pappas & Co., Inc.
One Collins Drive, Suite 200 | Carneys Point, NJ 08069 | (856) 455 1000 Ext. 7255 | Fax: (856) 455 3664
TZOOK@clementpappas.com

Reply #2, after I asked about "Nature's Promise" juices (which is a Stop and Shop store brand without the Stop and Shop title on it), and about how far back I can date this info:

Nature's Promise juices are also included and are believed to be gluten free, I apologize for any confusion on that front. I checked our database of inquiries, which goes back about three years, and found several other inquiries about gluten in our products, and all the responses to those inquiries are essentially the same as the response I have given you, so the information has been current for at least the last three years. I suspect it goes back further than that, but I do not have any evidence to support that suspicion. Feel free to contact me again with any other questions.

TYLER ZOOK | Technical Services Administrator | Clement Pappas & Co., Inc.
One Collins Drive, Suite 200 | Carneys Point, NJ 08069 | (856) 455 1000 Ext. 7255 | Fax: (856) 455 3664
TZOOK@clementpappas.com

Ads by Google:

Sound safe to me! Not sure there are many juices that would have gluten.

Sound safe to me! Not sure there are many juices that would have gluten.

There logically shouldn't be, no.  Stop and Shop makes some blended stuff, though, which also logically shouldn't, but I was less confident on.  Apparently sometimes gluteny ingredients, including barley, can be used to sweeten some "juice drinks"  (at least according to the about.com article I got when I googled the issue to be extra-cautious).