This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pain. Connected To Cd Or Cocidence?

VydorScope

VydorScope Proficient

Since going back on gluten for the test (long story, short version is I have a neg blood work but its probably not vaild due to the low levels of gluten in my system at the time, theres a thread on it if your bored...), I have a sharp pain in my side. Its around the middle of my rib cage, left hand side.

It hurts when I breath in deep, or twist to look behind me when backing up my truck, yawn, sneeze, those kinds of things. I asked my subsitute doc (mines out on marternity leave) about it and they did X-Rays, and etc. He decided I must have pulled a muscle, and siad it should get better in a couple days. THat was over a week ago, no change. Advil has no efftect on it. I have not gone back to see him, cause if its connected to celiac disease then theres no point till the recomended 3 months pass. Cant go gluten-free now, not when Im 1/2 way there!

Connected to celiac disease you think?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

julie5914 Contributor

I think it is connected to celiac disease - there is a chain on fibromyalgia or maybe it is "does anyone else have this" - one of those 2 - on the related disorders board where several people have talked about this. I have had this pain ever since I think Celiac started. I have only been gluten-free a few months, so I'm not sure if it will go away. I have no idea what it is - I can only tell you that I know exactly what you're talking about.

Guest BellyTimber

Apparently that is the locality where the part of the gut most affected by celiac disease, lies.

Guest Kalynn

I am pre-diganosis, but I think I know what you are talking about, I have had that pain for a couple of months now. Kind of a dull ache under the left rib cage. I think I posted a question earlier wondering if anyone else had that symptom.

Hang in there, hopefully it gets better!

VydorScope Proficient

Soo then Im gonna be in pain till the test at least. Grr well at least it an indication that Imight be right about me also being celiac disease....

elisabet Contributor

hello all,

My son is on gluten-free diet,yesterday he had a quinva-cake, and after about 2 hours he had abdoman pain, I think he was ok today,but after dinner he complained of stomack pain,todays meal was safe ,if the pain is due to gluten,did he have it all the time,or it is normal that the pain comes after the meal.

thank you

aikiducky Apprentice

Hi Elisabeth,

if your son got glutened yesterday, then I think he could expect to have some pain after meals for some days. Everybody's reaction is different, but when you've had some gluten, the intestines are especially irritated in the beginning part, you know the part right after the stomach. So when food starts to move from the stomach to the small intestine, and the intestine is irritated from gluten a couple days ago, then it might hurt after meals until the intestine has recovered again.

That's one, non-doctor explanation at least. :)

Pauliina

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I also have upper abdominal pain when I get glutened. Sometimes it gets so bad that I cannot move and it hurts to breathe. I have to take short quick breaths. Pain killers do not work for my pain either. I think it is definately gluten celiac disease related.

elisabet Contributor

thank you,the strange thing is that he didn t have abdominal pain,before gluten-free diet.

does any one else experincing some thing like this?

thanks

Carriefaith Enthusiast
the strange thing is that he didn t have abdominal pain,before gluten-free diet.

does any one else experincing some thing like this?

I don't remember having this pain until after I started the gluten-free diet. My body developed a few new symptoms after I started the diet (after I have a gluten contamination). I now have the pain, spots on my skin, and heart palpitations when I get contaminated.
jerseyangel Proficient

I also get a dull pain right under my ribcage after eating gluten. I remember before gluten-free that it came with pressure and affected my breathing. Now if I get glutened it isn't as bad but does still happen.

elisabet Contributor
I don't remember having this pain until after I started the gluten-free diet. My body developed a few new symptoms after I started the diet (after I have a gluten contamination). I now have the pain, spots on my skin, and heart palpitations when I get contaminated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Carriefaith,

I see some changes in my son s skin,can you please tell me how the spots look like,and how long they stay.

thank you elisabet

lorka150 Collaborator

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are the spots like?

Carriefaith Enthusiast

The spots look like the chicken pox or mosquito bites and sometimes a rash develops around them. They are sometimes very itchy or not itchy at all. Some last for a few hours and other may stick around for a week (It depends on how itchy they are). I get them on my neck, legs, arms and the collarbone area.

lorka150 Collaborator

Thanks for the reply. It's weird becasue twice since gluten-free I have gotten rashes exactly three days after glutening - they last pretty much all day and they are small white-head type bumps that cover my stomach, arms and groin. I have no idea if it's related.

Carriefaith Enthusiast
I have no idea if it's related.
I would guess that it would be related.

Archived