Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Dumplings!

7 posts in this topic

I was doing one of those things where you click a link, then another and another and another and pretty soon you are looking at stuff completely unrelated to what you started looking at. Well, I randomly found a recipe for a dough for dumplings. Potstickers or dumplings were always a must when I ordered Chinese take out so I'm pretty excited. I can't do the filling they suggest for about 100 reasons, but I can come up something. I'm super excited to try these and just want to share.

http://www.asiandumplingtips.com/2009/08/slanted-door-hue-rice-dumplings-recipe-banh-xep-chay.html

Ads by Google:

o, addy, they look awesome!!  i have all the ingredients!!  i'm not eating mung beans!!  lolz - i bet a nice pork & scallion filling would go nicely.  i bet you could make ravioli out of the dough, too :)  i bet you could make a ton of these and freeze them, too.  yumzzzz...... 

thank you and your mad random link-clicking skills ;)

See good does come from surfing the web!!! Thanks for sharing, dumpling where childhood favo for me I do miss them and son ( gluten-free too) loves ravioli!! Definitely gonna try this! I hope they do freeze well!

These look delish. Pinned them for future reference. :) I think I will try a filling of shredded carrots, cabbage and spring onions (scallions for the american folk) tossed in a little gluten-free soy sauce and sesame oil, as this is what my Chinese exchange student friend puts in her wheat dumplings. I love the idea. So much potential for different fillings!

I don't post much, but I just had to say thank you for posting that link. I tried these today and they were great. I made my own filling, (ground pork, green onion, tamari sauce, garlic, and a pinch of sugar) My first batch coming out of the steamer was a bit sticky. I had to figure out to let them cool just a minute before removing them. I am a very happy girl tonight, I had thought pot stickers and dumplings were lost to me. It also prompted me to go to our local oriental market, we found all kinds or great rice noodles and rice flour, tapioca starch. And so much cheaper the the grocery store. Thank you .

I've been shopping at the oriental market since my diagnosis. I love getting rice noodles and other little nuggets there. Things that are just gluten free by nature, and people have been eating them that way since forever without any thought. My husband is always excited to check out the candy and other goodies they import. <_< I guess I can't really blame him, I'd probably be after some of those things too if it weren't for the fact that I can't eat them. :P