6 replies to this topic

#1 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

I was doing one of those things where you click a link, then another and another and another and pretty soon you are looking at stuff completely unrelated to what you started looking at. Well, I randomly found a recipe for a dough for dumplings. Potstickers or dumplings were always a must when I ordered Chinese take out so I'm pretty excited. I can't do the filling they suggest for about 100 reasons, but I can come up something. I'm super excited to try these and just want to share.

http://www.asiandump...h-xep-chay.html

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

o, addy, they look awesome!!  i have all the ingredients!!  i'm not eating mung beans!!  lolz - i bet a nice pork & scallion filling would go nicely.  i bet you could make ravioli out of the dough, too :)  i bet you could make a ton of these and freeze them, too.  yumzzzz...... 

thank you and your mad random link-clicking skills ;)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Brandiwine

Brandiwine

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

See good does come from surfing the web!!! Thanks for sharing, dumpling where childhood favo for me I do miss them and son ( gluten-free too) loves ravioli!! Definitely gonna try this! I hope they do freeze well!

Vegetarian, Gluten Free diet since 03/2013, sensitivity to raw onions, soy, allergic to Cinnamon

#4 lauraturnbull

lauraturnbull

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

These look delish. Pinned them for future reference. :) I think I will try a filling of shredded carrots, cabbage and spring onions (scallions for the american folk) tossed in a little gluten-free soy sauce and sesame oil, as this is what my Chinese exchange student friend puts in her wheat dumplings. I love the idea. So much potential for different fillings!

#5 missygray2004

missygray2004

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

I don't post much, but I just had to say thank you for posting that link. I tried these today and they were great. I made my own filling, (ground pork, green onion, tamari sauce, garlic, and a pinch of sugar) My first batch coming out of the steamer was a bit sticky. I had to figure out to let them cool just a minute before removing them. I am a very happy girl tonight, I had thought pot stickers and dumplings were lost to me. It also prompted me to go to our local oriental market, we found all kinds or great rice noodles and rice flour, tapioca starch. And so much cheaper the the grocery store. Thank you .

#6 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

I've been shopping at the oriental market since my diagnosis. I love getting rice noodles and other little nuggets there. Things that are just gluten free by nature, and people have been eating them that way since forever without any thought. My husband is always excited to check out the candy and other goodies they import. <_< I guess I can't really blame him, I'd probably be after some of those things too if it weren't for the fact that I can't eat them. :P

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#7 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Here is a filling idea.

http://beta.abc.go.c...s-Clinton-Kelly

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: