Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Sephora Products

14 posts in this topic

I wrote to Sephora about their own products and they sent me a letter

stating none of their products are gluten-free.

Hello Susan,

Thanks for contacting Sephora.com.

Unfortunately, we do not currently offer any products that are guaranteed to

be gluten-free. We recommend that you contact your doctor or dermatologist

for suggestions. Because the reactions to this can be severe if you have an

allergy, we recommend that you use only products to be guaranteed free of

gluten, as even in trace amounts, or in a derivative form, serious

complications can occur.

We are aware that there is a need for products that are gluten-free, and we

are striving to meet the needs of all of our clients. Please contact us

again in the future, as we are constantly updating our inventory and we hope

to have more selections available to you.

Ads by Google:

yeah, that is frustrating. i got the same response previously. now i've moved onto to mostly bare escentuals products. a sephora store is opening in my city though--this friday. woo hoo!!!!!

I wish I knew you contacted them, I'm trying to contact all the make up companies I can think of (like all the companies that are at Sephora and such). I've had a hard time finding out info about cosmetic companies, it seems there is a lot of food info out there but I've searched for a comprehensive list of cosmetic companies and it doesn't seem there a single list. I'm hoping to compile one (and I'll take any help offered).

I'm going to try the Bare Escentuals but I have really really dry skin and I still need major moisturizers and I'm afraid its just not going to look right on my skin. I can't imagine putting just dry powders on it.

susan

the foundation itself isn't as dry as a typical powder. it does have some moisture to it and softens up when applied. i was definitely skeptical at first, bur now i love it...

I've contacted Cover Girl (I like their powder foundation) and asked about all their products, especially lipstick -- but can't get ANY good information from them -- they e-mailed me back after my asking for more specific information, and STILL had no answers. They referred me to my physician as well. Like he's going to know about lipstick. Or at least I hope he doesn't. :lol:

What about Philosophy? I use their 3-in-one shampoo/conditioner/body wash b/c it is travel size and is great for the gym. Anyone know if it has gluten in it? The ingredients are mostly chemicals so I couldnt figure it out

I haven't checked them yet, can you e-mail them and see? I'd love to know as well!

Susan

I picked up a little printout from CoverGirl at the grocery store recently, in the make-up section (it was in a little dispenser like they have for coupons). It has a list of ingredients for:

Triple Lipstick SPF15

Smoothers Hydrating Lip Color

Smoothers Lipliner

Smoothers Eyeliner

Wetslicks Lipgloss

Wetslicks Crystals Lipgoloss

Eyeslicks Gel EyeColor

Outlast Smoothwear Eyeline

Outlast Smoothwear Lipliner

Continuous Color Nail Polish

I checked the list thoroughly, twice, and did not see ANY sign of a product with gluten. A few had corn starch as thickeners, but that's it. If anyone wants this, I can post specific ingredients or make a copy and send it to you. :)

I know there are more products but this is all they had on this "list"-hope it helps.

What about Philosophy? I use their 3-in-one shampoo/conditioner/body wash b/c it is travel size and is great for the gym.  Anyone know if it has gluten in it? The ingredients are mostly chemicals so I couldnt figure it out

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i emailed them- ill let u know what they say!

not only did they respond immediately, but heres what they said- sounds like they actually know what they are talking about! :D

Most philosophy products are gluten-free. We do, however, recommend

those with a gluten allergy/sensitivity avoid the following products:

1. pigment of your imagination

2. time on your hands

3. the big blow off

4. hope in a jar eye & lip contour cream

These products contain hydrolyzed wheat and oat proteins which could

cause a problem for people with a sensitivity to gluten and gluten

products.

best regards,

alia

customer care

philosophy, inc.

3809 east watkins street

phoenix, az 85034

(p) 602.794.8500

(f ) 602.794.8701

www.philosophy.com

Wonderful, I love when a company gets back to you right away and knows what they are talking about. I'm also trying to make a really complete list of cosmetics/lotions, I love to try new products and this list will really help.

I've written to a bunch of companies and some have never bothered to get back to me... its been weeks and I guess they just blew me off (2 of which are Tarte and Bliss, which did get back to me saying they have no idea if any of their products contain gluten and why can't I have my doctor figure it out.... I asked them for more info and they never followed up).

Susan

Susan-

Don't you hate it when you don't hear back from companies. I've gotten so that if a company doesn't respond or gives me a shady response, I move on to another brand. ...(still transitioning)...

Susan-

Don't you hate it when you don't hear back from companies.  I've gotten so that if a company doesn't respond or gives me a shady response, I move on to another brand.  ...(still transitioning)...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you mean- as soon as i got that immediate response from philosophy, I practically fell in love with the brand and vowed to go buy more of it to use at home as well as the gym! its amazing how well a company can do by just answering our questions!

I do think that as time goes on, it will become easier and easier to access this info. Unfortunately, it seems that beauty products are significantly behind food products in providing this info.

Stefi

I've always like Philosophy products, some of them smell so good!

Susan