1 reply to this topic

#1 Kates77

Kates77

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:03 AM

Just over a month ago I suspected that I might have Celiac Disease, so I went on a gluten free diet for one week. It was the best week of my life and I felt incredible. Then, my doctor told me to re-introduce gluten so that I could get an endoscopy done. I am really angry with her because she did not mention to me that I would only need to re-introduce gluten if I was going to put off the endoscopy for three months (I had it done within one week), and now I am needlessly suffering. I re-introduced gluten for five days (pasta/bread/pies three times a day) and i thought that I would feel amazing again as soon as I stopped eating the gluten, but it has been four weeks since then, and I still feel lousy. Has anyone else had a similar experience? How long do you think it will take me to start feeling amazing again? I am so angry with this doctor. When I initially went gluten-free, I felt incredible within days but it has been a whole month after this challenge and I am so worried I will never feel that incredible again. Please help me!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

There are many bumps and twists on the road to good health.  Sorry about the gluten challenge.  I hope the results will be definitive for you.  Are you trying to maximize healing.  I feel that checking nutrient levels and taking quality supplements is of great help.  Even though I had no challenge, I felt really great for a week and then crashed.  That is one of the bumps or twists I took.  One day at a time, learn as much as you can and apply it as you go.  I believe you will be feeling better again and I hope it will be soon.

Diana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: