Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

Gluten Free Meal Planning Webinar

2 posts in this topic

Not sure if this will be good, but the price is right!  :)

One of the most popular requests for an NFCA Webinar is how to maintain a healthy gluten-free diet while not breaking the bank. Join NFCA during Celiac Awareness Month as we share money-savvy grocery tips and provide a list of go-to healthy gluten-free recipes with the help of Kathleen Reale"

Ads by Google:

That is my kind of price range! Now to just get on track to remember something that is a week away. :lol:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Yes, GFinDC you've got the gyst of what I am after. If I am reading your response correctly then, you think that inflammation in the gut caused by gluten ingestion is enough to trigger diarrhea, quite apart from the state of one's mucosa? That would be good news for me. More information on this inflammation reaction in the gut with gluten ingestion is precisely what I am after, but cannot seem to find. Because, as stated, as far as I know, D is mostly if not only, caused by flattened villi. OTOH, how interesting to hear from you, cycling lady, that you had flattened villi and no D! RMI, the link is quite depressing. Many appear not to have healed mucosas after a gluten-free diet. A repeat endoscopy is what is so clearly needed by many of us, but honestly I am a little wary of the risks.
    • No, they didn't test my ttg igg, which I was surprised about considering the low IgA and positive DGP Igg. (The tests they did were IgA serum, Ttg IgA, DGP Igg and IgA and gene testing) If he ever returns my call, I was going to ask him about that.  He initially wanted to set up a endoscopy, but I told him I had one last year (with my prior GI) and he said he'd take a look at it and we'd go from there, except that was two weeks ago and I haven't heard from him.  My prior GI did take biopsies, I believe to rule out H.Pylori and I was told biopsy results were normal, however, I didn't receive a pathology report or anything like that.
    • What GEE EFF said!  Look for incubators, some business schools and even community colleges will have classes  about starting your own business & info about financing one.   There is a lot more to a business then just making and selling and getting someone else to buy the food  Taxes - paying and collecting in different cities or tax zones, health department codes, liability insurance (vehicular and general business ), renting a health dept approved kitchen,  a small business lawyer to help you "become a real company", permits, "booth fees", etc.  You can probably avoid some of it right now, just selling at a local farmer's market.   add- You might check with your state.  Some states have funds or low interest loans.  It helps if you are a "minority".  
    • i've researched a little about the genes i have you can find out if they are assosciated with other illnesses/autoimmune diseases. but i don't think knowing the details of every gene is going to help diagnose you any futher than just knowing you have the gene becuse either way it just means you have an increased chance.  if you're iga deficient did you have ttg igg as well?
    • I don't know if there are any grants specifically for gluten-free products Ennis.  But the SBA in USA deals with small business startups and may have information to help you.   There may be small business incubators in your area also.  Sometimes they are associated with university business schools and the SBA.  Marketing a product commercially and labeling it gluten-free is a possible issue though.  There are now FDA rules on labeling products gluten-free.  So you need to study those before getting to far into it.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member