8 replies to this topic

#1 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

Week 2 of gluten challenge and I noticed yesterday that I'ven been drinking lot more (water & caffiene free tea) the past couple days.  In the past couple years I have increased my water intake, intentionally, to 8-10 (8oz) cups a day.  Yesterday, I took in at least 16 cups. And I am still thirsty.  I haven't had "D" (usually more of a "C" girl), and don't seem to have more urine, plus, it's still yellow, not clear like one would expect after drinking 128 oz of non-caffinated beverages! (Sorry for the TMI).  Making me wonder if this is a symptom of gluten intollerance/sensitivity... Anyone experience this?

Amy 

If you're going through hell, keep going!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

I should note, I have year allergic rhinitis (effectively treated with year round nasal steriod and nasal antihistime sprays), and the allergen counts are going up, so that could be a factor... 

Amy 

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

#3 Deaminated Marcus

Deaminated Marcus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

Caffeine is a diuretic so just try water.

If you don't have D and you stopped caffeine and you're still peeing a lot, go see a doctor for a diabetes test.

Peeing a lot could also be a small kidney stone passing.

Watermelon and echanacia tea made me pee a lot.

Good luck.

#4 Ksee

Ksee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

As a nurse, my spidey sense tingles whenever someone says "thirsty all the time". While the amount you report isn't greatly abnormal, it's the "still thirsty" part that draws my attention. There are a few problems that have increased thirst as a symptom and some are associated with autoimmune or celiac issues. How this fits into a big picture is to complicated for me to try to talk about in this limited forum but important enough that I suggest you report it to your doctor and let them decide if it needs to be addressed. 

I hope this helps. :)

#5 Ksee

Ksee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

Week 2 of gluten challenge and I noticed yesterday that I'ven been drinking lot more (water & caffiene free tea) the past couple days.  In the past couple years I have increased my water intake, intentionally, to 8-10 (8oz) cups a day.  Yesterday, I took in at least 16 cups. And I am still thirsty.  I haven't had "D" (usually more of a "C" girl), and don't seem to have more urine, plus, it's still yellow, not clear like one would expect after drinking 128 oz of non-caffinated beverages! (Sorry for the TMI).  Making me wonder if this is a symptom of gluten intollerance/sensitivity... Anyone experience this?

Oh wait, sorry I misread ounces for cups. You are drinking a lot. If you somehow became dehydrated, this amount of fluid should of corrected the problem rather quickly assuming the cause isn't continuing. Certainly, please report this to your doctor. 

Best outcome: Doctor says not to worry. 

#6 Deaminated Marcus

Deaminated Marcus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

About your sinus problem... when I was off the cheeze (dairy) I could breathe at night. ^_^

#7 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

Oh wait, sorry I misread ounces for cups. You are drinking a lot. If you somehow became dehydrated, this amount of fluid should of corrected the problem rather quickly assuming the cause isn't continuing. Certainly, please report this to your doctor. 

Best outcome: Doctor says not to worry. 

Sorry, after re-reading my posts I realized I made that kinda confusing going back and forth between cups/oz.  I'm feeling pretty space cadet like today. :blink:

Thanks for the info, I will def mention to my Dr!

Amy 

#8 frieze

frieze

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Sorry, after re-reading my posts I realized I made that kinda confusing going back and forth between cups/oz.  I'm feeling pretty space cadet like today. :blink:

Thanks for the info, I will def mention to my Dr!

have you gained wt? ankles puffy?  good luck

#9 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

Ankles aren't puffy, but my mid section sure is growing (and not in the good, I'm expecting a child, kinda way).

Amy 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: