Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Bread - Best Deals

15 posts in this topic

I found out today late in the day that Sprouts had Glutino Genisus bread on special for 2.99 per loaf -- it was expiring so I sent a son down to buy as many loaves as he could.

I usually stock up on Udi's, Canyon Bakehouse and Glutino whenever they are on special -- especially Udi's and Glutino as they are purchased frozen -- so it really doesn't matter when we buy it.

Got me thinking -- perhaps a thread were we can post if we see a very good deal on this gluten-free staple???

Ads by Google:

That is a good deal!

I've been getting mine for a steal at Costco. I pay $7.99 for two loaves. I forget what brand but I'll look the next time I'm in the kitchen. It is a beautiful brown loaf of bread covered in sunflower seeds and with a pretty low carb count from what I am used to and with a ton of fiber. I also can't get over having preservative free bread in my pantry that I can leave there for months on end!

Oh, I just found it. It is from the Essential Baking Company.

That is a good deal!

I've been getting mine for a steal at Costco. I pay $7.99 for two loaves. I forget what brand but I'll look the next time I'm in the kitchen. It is a beautiful brown loaf of bread covered in sunflower seeds and with a pretty low carb count from what I am used to and with a ton of fiber. I also can't get over having preservative free bread in my pantry that I can leave there for months on end!

Oh, I just found it. It is from the Essential Baking Company.

Months on end? What bread is that? I remember back when i could have such things it would last... maybe a week or so before the mold would claim it.

http://essentialbaking.com/2012/08/our-gluten-free-bread-makes-its-first-delivery/

I get the super seeded multi-grain, because that is what I have available to me in the store. Also, I like getting brown bread. Of course, I also like cheap bread! Having it preservative free though just is 500 kinds of awesome for me.

I wish our Costco had gluten free bread, but they don't. :( I scored a loaf of Rudi's cinnamon raisin bread with their $2 coupon a couple of months ago, while the bread was on sale at our natural foods store for $3.99. They just had Udi's on sale for that too, but I didn't have any coupons. I like Udi's better as I find it easier to get the slices apart when it's frozen, and it thaws super quick on the counter. Trader Joe's has it for $4.99 sold on the shelf and Meijer has it for $5.39 sold frozen. I usually buy at those places. TJ's has the multigrain buns for $3.99 a pack.

We're supposed to be getting a TJ's in the future. I roll my eyes a little at the when though. Could be months, all I know now is the shopping center they'll be at.

I just bought my first (rudis?) bread and now not sure how long it will keep?  Says nothing on the packaging -- anyone know?

costco  carries  Rudi"s  gluten-free  bread  in the  freezer section.

I like  to  freeze  gluten-free bread  if  I'm not  going  to use  it  within  a couple  days.....I  always  put  a  sheet of  wax  paper  between slices  so I  can  take  out  only  what  I  can use at  once.....saves  a  bunch  of  dollars  by  not  wasting  a  whole loaf  of  bread  that  doesn't  get used up....

Udi's ranges from 4.99 to 5.69 regularly here -- sprouts has their gluten-free jubilee ever few months with 25% all gluten-free items and Vons has Udi's on sale for $3.99 occasionally -- I stock my along with my folks extra freezer when on sale as between my hubby, teens and their friends we go through 2-3 loaves per week.

I will continue to update when I see current good deals in this corner of the states :)

Love the Udi's and Rudi's coupons when I can get them -- there was a gluten-free fair here about a month ago and I stocked up -- I save them for the gluten-free Jubilee and double down ;)

I keep all my gluten-free bread in my big freezer (one of the best investments I've ever made!).  If it's not on sale, i ask the retailer (Sprout's in CA)  for a case of the bread and I get a 15% discount.  I usually have to wait a few days.  We prefer Udi's or Rudi's.  

I've always been a baker, making all my own bread, etc., but bought gluten-free bread for my hubby for 12 years.  Now I'm gluten-free too (diagnosed a month ago).  Will be attempting bread soon (when I'm feeling better).  I confess that I just pulled out a batch of gluten-free chocolate chip cookies from the oven this morning before it gets too hot (95 today in LA!)  Yum!

I confess that I just pulled out a batch of gluten-free chocolate chip cookies from the oven this morning before it gets too hot (95 today in LA!)  Yum!

yummmmmm!  ^ now i want cookies :)

I keep all my gluten-free bread in my big freezer (one of the best investments I've ever made!).  If it's not on sale, i ask the retailer (Sprout's in CA)  for a case of the bread and I get a 15% discount.  I usually have to wait a few days.  We prefer Udi's or Rudi's.  

I've always been a baker, making all my own bread, etc., but bought gluten-free bread for my hubby for 12 years.  Now I'm gluten-free too (diagnosed a month ago).  Will be attempting bread soon (when I'm feeling better).  I confess that I just pulled out a batch of gluten-free chocolate chip cookies from the oven this morning before it gets too hot (95 today in LA!)  Yum!

Really good point -- Daughter gets 15% off cases of her gluten free bread at Oliver's Market -- they are only in Santa Rosa -- wish we had them down here!!!  Never thought to ask Sprout's -- will do -- thanks!!!

I never thought of bread by the case either! I always just looked for it on sale. I buy everything else in bulk. My husband about died trying to pour a 25 pound bag of Bob's corn starch into a 5 gallon bucket... but it was such a good deal!

Late to the party with this one, but for anyone in Utah near a Harmon's I picked up Udi's bagels tonight for $3.99. The bread was in the same freezer in an endcap so I think it was also on sale, I didn't note the price though. I actually had a coupon for $2 off an Udi's item so I got my bagels for $1.99! I was bouncing all the way to the front of the store, my husband told me a few times to calm down. :lol:

ETA: idk how long this sale lasts, usually their sales are Mon-Sun but I can't find this listed on their website at all on the weekly or monthly sale.

The most expensive I have seen thus far was $10 at a farmer's market for one 8x4 loaf. Yikes!