Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts  

• Articles  ||  Forum Home  ||  Gluten-Free Mall  ||  Store  ||  Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

• Ads by Google:

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease SymptomsWhat testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease ScreeningInterpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test ResultsCan I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful?The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-FreeIs celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic TestingIs there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and DisordersIs there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)Gluten-Free Alcoholic BeveragesDistilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free?Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free DietFree recipes: Gluten-Free RecipesWhere can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store.For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

Ciabatta Recipe

Started by lauraturnbull,

1 post in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hello. I'm new here so please be nice :) haha. I just came up with a new ciabatta recipe so I thought it might be useful to some people here. It's pretty quick for a ciabatta, in that there is no over night prove. It is both gluten free and vegan. Please let me know what you think. As always, it's important with many of these ingredients to double check when it comes to cross-contamination. I'm in the UK so not sure what the availability of these is like elsewhere.

I originally tried to post a link to the baking website I posted this on but wasn't allowed. So don't worry if you see the recipe elsewhere, it is me!

The crumb looks a bit tighter and more cake-y here than it really was. In most places I cut through there were rather large holes, as you'd expect from ciabatta.

150 g
    175 g
    Potato Starch
    125 g
    Sorghum Flour
    50 g
    Rice Flour
    15 g
    2 t
    Yeast (Instant)
    10 g
    Psyllium Husk (This can be obtained from Asian supermarkets or online. It's a coeliac-friendly natural gluten alternative.)
    500 ml
    Warm Water

Mix together all the dry ingredients except the psyllium. Mix the psyllium with the water and leave to stand for 10 mins. Mix the water with the flour until completely incorperated. Transfer the dough to a non-stick container (or oiled bowl) and cover. Leav to rise until at least doubled (about 2 hours). Shape into two loaves on a baking tray covered in cornmeal. Preheat the oven to max (mine is a fan oven and it was 250c). Prove the loaves for about 30 mins while the oven heats up. Sprinkle with cornmeal, slash and bake for 20 mins.