#1 ecitizen

ecitizen

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hi,

I'm wondering how many of you have more neurological symptoms than gut?  For example, tingling in the extremities, numbness in the face/tongue or the same feeling in your mouth when you are coming off of anesthesia at the dentist?  Also, achy joints or headaches.  Just curious as I get these regularly even after a few years of being gluten-free.

Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 EmiPark210

EmiPark210

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

My glutening symptoms are sometimes neurological, as you described. But if you don't think they're due to gluten to being gluten free, maybe it's time to talk to a neurologist? Also, hydration has a lot to do with that for me at least.

IBS Diagnosis: 2010

Celiac blood results: 2/21/13 Positive

Biopsy: 4/19/13 - visually positive, 4/23/13 - positive

#3 twe0708

twe0708

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

Hi,

I'm wondering how many of you have more neurological symptoms than gut?  For example, tingling in the extremities, numbness in the face/tongue or the same feeling in your mouth when you are coming off of anesthesia at the dentist?  Also, achy joints or headaches.  Just curious as I get these regularly even after a few years of being gluten-free.

Thanks.

I have had problems with tingling on the top of my feet but I only feel it when applying lotion.  A little tingling in the legs every now and then and in the past year I had what felt like a pinched nerve in my neck and lower back (both a year apart).  It felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife if I moved so I has to lay on the couch or stay in bed and move as little as possible.  Three weeks ago I started experiencing a burning sensation on my left outter thigh.  I thought it was because I had been sitting too long but that wasn't the case.  It has come and gone at least 4 times since my first episode.    Not sure if all are related but from what I hear there isn't much that can be done about any of it.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: