Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Painless Is Problem, Who Knew?

4 posts in this topic

How very odd. It's late afternoon and I haven't eaten. It wasn't a choice I made, I haven't thought about food all day.

For years I've eaten by assumption. If I'd just eaten and my stomach hurt I assumed it was because I'd eaten. If I hadn't eaten and my stomach hurt I assumed I was hungry.

If I knew I shouldn't be hungry, I assumed I was thirsty, gassy, crampy and so forth. It's now been five days without known glutens and evidently my stomach has forgotten how to tell me anything short of pain.

How odd is this?

Ads by Google:

How very odd. It's late afternoon and I haven't eaten. It wasn't a choice I made, I haven't thought about food all day.

For years I've eaten by assumption. If I'd just eaten and my stomach hurt I assumed it was because I'd eaten. If I hadn't eaten and my stomach hurt I assumed I was hungry.

If I knew I shouldn't be hungry, I assumed I was thirsty, gassy, crampy and so forth. It's now been five days without known glutens and evidently my stomach has forgotten how to tell me anything short of pain.

How odd is this?

I understand your point, but you need to eat regularly. It will promote healing.

Thanks, I know I do. I didn't realize how much pain I was having, I'd grown so accustomed to it. This is remarkable.