1 reply to this topic

#1 smsm

smsm

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

I already sent an email to Earth Balance (the phone number was busy) and will let you all know if I get an answer - but I bought Earth Balance PB Popps today and the are labelled "naturally gluten free" on the front and "gluten free" on the back of the package. The ingredients list "oats" but not "gluten free oats" as I am used to seeing in gluten-free products that contain oats. I know that regular oats can be susceptible to CC with wheat and am concerned there might be some unacceptable traces of wheat in the product. Anyone try it yet? Any thoughts?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 smsm

smsm

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

Here is the email response:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us here at Earth Balance. We always appreciate hearing from consumers who care enough to reach out to us with their comments or questions.

We are happy to report that all of our products are Gluten-Free.  We use Whole Grain Oats that are gluten free certified. We will pass along your comments to our packaging team to label as such going forward.

Thank you for choosing Earth BalanceĀ® products. We hope you continue to enjoy our products for many years to come!

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Earth Balance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: